Pendulum just announced

A dnb act is going to play a massive gig.

There are two possible attitudes:

1) Oh fuck, dnb is going to get more popular, oh my god, its not underground any more, that means its bad because more people are going to listen to it and I can't be a snob, oh and I love my dingy stinking basements,

2) Oh fuck, dnb is going to get more popular, oh my god, its not underground any more, which is fucking great because perhaps, God let this happen, I will sometimes hear High Contrast on the air instead of Kylie and perhaps Roni Size will earn more money than Posh, can't play, can't dance, can't sing, can't even walk in time, Spice.

Jesus CHRIST. Remember Prodigy? The rave band that conquered the world and created a generation of electronic music listening freak heads?

Perhaps there is some fantastic genre of music that nobody has heard about that makes dnb sound like Whitesnake but if nobody has heard about it because its artists and fans are obsessed with keeping it underground, than it still sucks.

or

3) so what, hardly means a thing. Drum and Bass certainly won't become more popular because of it, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom