Pendulum - Hold Your Color

Oli

As Stolen from DOA.....

The Breakbeat Kaos team is proud to announce the sensational debut album from Pendulum - Hold your colour!

Prepare to be pendulized!
Mixmag reckon that - "Pendulum have created the drum 'n' bass equivalent of stadium rock"

THE DATES!

THE ALBUM hits JULY 05 - 5 piece vinyl, CD followed after by MP3
THE SINGLE 'Black Tarantula w/Fresh Feat:Spyda'/'Fasten Your Seatbelt' hits JUNE 20th, watch out for the videos featuring work from Cannes Film nominated animation artist Matilda Tilstram and Simon Vieler. -CD single also features bonus track 'Serial Killer'

web-cd-pendulum.jpg

THE TRACKLISTING!

01. Prelude
02. Slam
03. Plasticworld
04. Fasten Your Seatbelt (w THE FREESTYLERS)
05. The Terminal
06. Streamline
07. Girl In The Fire
08. Out Here
09. Tarantula (w FRESH feat: Spyda & Tena Fly)
10. Hold Your Colour
11. Still Grey
12. Through The Loop
13. Another Planet
14. Sounds Of Life (Feat: Yasman Lee)

pendulum-poster2-web.jpg

Im sure this album will be the shit ( and get rinsed by everyone within a week) but i aint sure bout filling it with tunes that have already been released.

Oh well 6 tracks out of 14 aint bad...... i suppose ?

Ive heard 8 out of 14 :jerkit:

Shame really would like to have seen Slam VIP on there and those prodigy remixes

mISHKA said:

Shame really would like to have seen Slam VIP on there and those prodigy remixes

as far as i can remember they couldnt get sample cleareance quick enough for slam so it got changed around, coming on a single release after the album. Prodigy remixes are good but dont belong on the album imo. bring on auguest 22nd tho ;)

Oli said:
Im sure this album will be the shit ( and get rinsed by everyone within a week) but i aint sure bout filling it with tunes that have already been released.

Oh well 6 tracks out of 14 aint bad...... i suppose ?
Yeh but dude you gotta think. This album has to reach out to everyone, even those who may not have heard of the mighty pendulum (What? Are You A Hermit?) They also have to showcase classic stuff so that the newbies may enjoy the old stuff that they have produced. Still Grey maybe old but imo its still F@ckin sick! (prays for a darker rmx or VIP)

$marty_B said:
Yeh but dude you gotta think. This album has to reach out to everyone, even those who may not have heard of the mighty pendulum (What? Are You A Hermit?) They also have to showcase classic stuff so that the newbies may enjoy the old stuff that they have produced. Still Grey maybe old but imo its still F@ckin sick! (prays for a darker rmx or VIP)

hit the nail on the head....they're trying to market this to a very diverse audience and are trying to get peeps from outside the dnb scene to hear some of their earlier work while illustrating all their different styles, much like the way Roni Size/Reprazent threw some of their older tunes on the New Forms CD. :spliff:

mISHKA said:

prodigy remixes are on XL and are tagged for the Prodigy remixes album which has a release date of October.

remixes don't belong on debut albums, as Oli said.

it floated on promo as far as i know, but i never saw a decent finished version. only a rather chavved mp3 :D

that wud have been a nice choon to do up and chuck on the album tho

Oli said:
it floated on promo as far as i know, but i never saw a decent finished version. only a rather chavved mp3 :D

that wud have been a nice choon to do up and chuck on the album tho
Yeah man...should def be on this album...heard it when Pendulum was in South Africa ....was like the last tune on his set....ill tune... :missile:

when you dont expect much, the disappointment aint that big... unfortunately i felt that way about this album! but i have to say that this album has got nothing on influx uk's one, the diversity, the originality, the madness, the way it makes you shiver every time you put the needle on a record... just delicious! (guess its just my oppinion, some might have that about your album)

pendulum boys, not that im saying your album is bad, its great (its fucking good), but still nu:tone, calyx and of course influx have certainly done a better job putting an album together, you guys might wanna take a look how they did theirs. (and if anyone ask for details, im more than willing to give, but atm, im too tired of typing, its no excuse, but really... tired to the bone :))

overall 6+/10

After listening, I'm loving this LP, I knew I would!

Apparantly there are new clips going online via DOA soon, higher quality :slayer:

"Pendulum have created the drum 'n' bass equivalent of stadium rock"

Is anyone else abit surprised they're using this as the tagline for the album?

I always thought of 'stadium rock' as a pretty derogatory label. Reminds me of Bon Jovi & Bryan Adams type stuff.

Girl in the fire is nice. Not a big fan of the rest though.

not sure about the stadium rock thing ... :confused: is that cause their sound is big.? :rslayer: is that for usa marketing?
anyway, this is mine asap. theyre so prolific the tracklisting is always gonna cause debate and its good to have older tunes on there

Back
Top Bottom