Pendulum - Girl In the fire

xen said:
Jealous cause you can't produce as well? ;)

actually quite the opposite, this has got to be the the worst letdowns of 2005, too much hype over a pile of poo... havent yet to hear a tune off this album that sounded "good" or "something intresting" or "something innovative", just plain pendulum styled dancefloor tunes that they have been doing since their signing to bbk...

and as i said in numerous threads tarantula is the only one i still like of all the crap that has been circulating... even some twisted (yes,yes) tunes are more intresting than stuff of this album.

oh well, at least all the dancefloor babies will be happy about this one... :tehpepsi:

GreenBoy said:
oh well, at least all the dancefloor babies will be happy about this one... :tehpepsi:

aside from the fact I know exactly how you feel about Pendulum Greenboy, isnt being a 'dancefloor baby' what is fun about dNb? I just don't quite get how thats a put down ... you dance, so you're a baby. I mean I would call myself that, and I'm certain you'd never mean to insult me ...!! :lol_board

Look at it this way: they release a (more) commercial album, full of tracks bound to please the dancefloor-orientated DJs, they make lots of money, they settle down for a while and use the money they've got to hide themselves away for a bit and make some DARKSIDE smashers. I've already seen a couple of producers who work like this, you just allow the more commercial stuff because they bring out some real gems after.

I still like Pendulum's style though (though Trail of Sevens? wicked huge atmospheric intro, big letdown after it imo... Vault made up for it though ;)), I'll take a listen to the album when it emerges, and if it's worth it buy it. Then I'll probably go and buy the next defcom vinyl to balance it out :D (what kinda dnb do you like then Green, if Pendulum's too commercial for you? Just curious.)

mesh said:
aside from the fact I know exactly how you feel about Pendulum Greenboy, isnt being a 'dancefloor baby' what is fun about dNb? I just don't quite get how thats a put down ... you dance, so you're a baby. I mean I would call myself that, and I'm certain you'd never mean to insult me ...!! :lol_board

well, i'm more down with the liquid groove and being a so-called "dancefloor-baby" isn't bad, but it just gets on your nerves when you go out on a night, expect to hear dnb from one subgenre to the end (from liquid to darkness) and all you get is twisted, zen, pendulum, baron, subfocus, fresh and PERHAPS if the dj isn't drunk one or two wikkid tunes thrown in (perhaps something from influx, d-bridge, somewhat from the mistical kru and hospital) and then thats it. its all so same, it gets a bit dull, similiar to watching a tree grow and if the same thing happens from week to week, then you start to bitch (a bit of course :))

and whats my style? im styleless to be honest, i just like good dnb (i might like a shy-fx tune, a teebee tune, a rascal and klone tune, a tech itch tune, something from ill.skillz etc and i just might hate a crappy tune from each of these artists, so basiclly it depens on the tune not the name) i dont like to be stuck in one particular subgenre, i like all... but of course i prefer liquid (everything from the soul:r camp and of course liquid v has been tearing my head apart)

GreenBoy said:
well, i'm more down with the liquid groove and being a so-called "dancefloor-baby" isn't bad, but it just gets on your nerves when you go out on a night, expect to hear dnb from one subgenre to the end (from liquid to darkness) and all you get is twisted, zen, pendulum, baron, subfocus, fresh and PERHAPS if the dj isn't drunk one or two wikkid tunes thrown in (perhaps something from influx, d-bridge, somewhat from the mistical kru and hospital) and then thats it. its all so same, it gets a bit dull, similiar to watching a tree grow and if the same thing happens from week to week, then you start to bitch (a bit of course :))

and whats my style? im styleless to be honest, i just like good dnb (i might like a shy-fx tune, a teebee tune, a rascal and klone tune, a tech itch tune, something from ill.skillz etc and i just might hate a crappy tune from each of these artists, so basiclly it depens on the tune not the name) i dont like to be stuck in one particular subgenre, i like all... but of course i prefer liquid (everything from the soul:r camp and of course liquid v has been tearing my head apart)

yeah I hear that mate, I too wish for a far greater variety than tends to happen with most DJs.

GreenBoy said:
actually quite the opposite, this has got to be the the worst letdowns of 2005, too much hype over a pile of poo... havent yet to hear a tune off this album that sounded "good" or "something intresting" or "something innovative", just plain pendulum styled dancefloor tunes that they have been doing since their signing to bbk...

You couldn't be more wrong mate.

This album is definately not filled with dance floor tunes

DjEffect said:
You couldn't be more wrong mate.

This album is definately not filled with dance floor tunes

WOW! After reading your comment my whole concept of this album has changed! :teeth:

anscenic on teknoscape said:
PENDULUM - HOLD YOUR COLOUR release dates, tour dates, videos, merch etc.

The Breakbeat Kaos team is proud to announce the sensational debut album from Pendulum - Hold Your Colour.

Mixmag - "With 'Hold Your Colour' Pendulum have not only made one of the most ambitious drum 'n' bass albums in history, they've also moved the goalposts as to how a d'n'b album can sound ; Pendulum have created the drum 'n' bass equivalent of stadium rock."

THE DATES

THE ALBUM hits JULY 05 - 5 piece vinyl, CD followed after by MP3
THE SINGLE 'Black Tarantula w/Fresh Feat:Spyda'/'Fasten Your Seatbelt' hits JUNE 20th, watch out for the videos featuring work from Cannes Film nominated animation artist Matilda Tilstram and Simon Vieler. (CD single also features bonus track 'Serial Killer')

web-cd-pendulum.jpg

THE TRACKLISTING

01. Prelude
02. Slam
03. Plasticworld
04. Fasten Your Seatbelt (w The Freestylers)
05. The Terminal
06. Streamline
07. Girl In The Fire
08. Out Here
09. Tarantula (w Fresh, feat: Spyda & Tena Fly)
10. Hold Your Colour
11. Still Grey
12. Through The Loop
13. Another Planet
14. Sounds Of Life (feat: Jasmine Yee)

THE TOUR

pendulum-poster2-web.jpg

WATCH DOA FOR EXCLUSIVE ADVANCE PROMOS AND MP3 DOWNLOADS, AND EXCLUSIVE PENDULUM T SHIRTS AVAILABLE SOON IN SHOPS AND STORES!

\m/

Back
Top Bottom