Pendulum Downfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Wizz

Bless, Union, Force FM
VIP Junglist
If I am honest, and I no alot of u may hate me for this but here im gonna admit it.

Back when Pendulum's Slam was all over MTV and Radio 1 i was barely 16 and had no knowledge of drum n bass wotso ever. But guess wot? i loved the tune (and the fucking hillarious video) and thought fuck me? wot is this shit? It defo drew me into dnb as i started searching the shops and internet for it soon after. Im sure at the time u wuda hated me thinking "not anova kid hu loves pendulum" and to be honest if i saw myself now i probs wud do aswell.

Looking back at pendulum's first album though, it was a fucking masterpiece of amazingness.
the terminal
hold your colour
still grey
another planet
all fuckking choons to mention a few. And im not embaressed about still liking this album. For ages back in the day i didnt understand why they were hated by the underground cos they made such high quality music and gave the scene a well deserved kick up the arse.

But i think we can all agree that something has got to em wether it be the muny or woteva, but to listen to any of their new dreary guitar shit actually makes me a little sad that they were once sooo fucking sick and have obv lost their way. I rekon its their rock background, and the general attitude in that side of the busness being to wait until u get signed to a label, then hopefully signed to a major label soon after. Wheras in dance music and esspecially dnb people release their own music if they can and are succesfull enuff. Maybe if pendulum were from London things wuda been different but hu knows. It makes me wonder if that was their plan from the very begining to become rock stars?

I dont hate pendulm for fucking their credibility, I actually pity them for selling their once inspiring musicallity to the corperate giants in return for being "drum n bass rock stars"

Safe

Is there anything left to be discussed on the matter. LOCK IT :teeth:

I see exactly what your saying, and it's a valid point, but you could have chosen one on the 300 Pendulum threads to bump rather than start another :shrug:

I never post in pendulum threads, as it's always the same stuff said, and always gets the same replies from heads that don't like Pendulum.

As i see it, they gave us a few nice tracks, made their mark, showed what was possible in terms of making D&B commercial and moved on [thank god] end.

backfuture_l.jpg

Great scott!!! We seem to have gone back, Marty!!!

im comin down during ur set to take those 27 seconds back wizzle

can ppl stop makin threads about pendulum!
i recon it shud be a bannable offence!:teeth:

so ive been told. if i knew how to take a thread down i wud. funny thing is even tho u all seem to hate pendulum threads uve all commented. i shuda guessed this issue has been discussed to hell but im new to foruming etc. i rekon if u dnt wanna see any pendulum threads circuling the forum then ignor em and dnt comment

yawnin hell there shite. whenever i hear a pendulum tune i always feel i'm on some sort of rank fun fair ride. that foul horn sounding mess they always use. its almost like there mc should be shouting scream if you wanna go faster. speaking of which where did they pick up that penis that was on tv with them/ (the mc) lol he looks like a x factor reject

Can I just point out this person only joined last month & you're all saying 'yawn.' Yeah it's a bit boring hearing the same things but this person doesn't know.
And before any of you say anything, yes they can search but they obviously haven't.

And, on the point of thr thread, I AM PENDULUM'S DOWNFALL!

where did they pick up that penis that was on tv with them/ (the mc) lol he looks like a x factor reject

Thats MC Verse. He used to do Renegade Hardware nights, hes toured with friction, hes done all sorts within the DnB scene.
But Ive still always disliked him.

Thats MC Verse. He used to do Renegade Hardware nights, hes toured with friction, hes done all sorts within the DnB scene.
But Ive still always disliked him.
ok, yeah heard of him before, and heard him. he dont sound the same on that bbc1 thing tho? never saw him before tho.

I still like the hold you colour album.
I rarely listen to it though.
I prefer abit of counterstrike to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom