Pendulum boo'ed at DnB awards & Valve soundsystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian_x

I was at the DnB awards last night and when Pendulum were announced as best live act the whole place boo'ed, then cheered when they were told the Pendulum couldnt attend to collect the award and booed again all over their recorded message. Maybe I missed something here and was actually out the country for a couple of years when Pendulum started blowing up but why does everyone hate them? What did they do/say??

Also what are the opinions of the Valve soundsystem? For me last night while the bass is amazing and litterally shook me all night, I sometimes found it hard to work out what tracks were, the bass seemed to overpower all the riffs and high ened of the tracks a bit. Could have just been the acoustics of the place, where i was standing or just my rubbish ears though!

because they sold out basically.

and now they appeal more to scene/emo kids from kingston rather than real dnb heads

Also what are the opinions of the Valve soundsystem? For me last night while the bass is amazing and litterally shook me all night, I sometimes found it hard to work out what tracks were, the bass seemed to overpower all the riffs and high ened of the tracks a bit. Could have just been the acoustics of the place, where i was standing or just my rubbish ears though!

I personally can't stand it when a soundsystem is set up to do this. I mean, it's fun I guess, just to experience that much bass, but it fucking sucks when I want to hear some D&B. If all I can hear is a massive sub-bass, it's such a load of wank. I want to hear the whole tune for fuck's sake.

Edit:
Pendulum are the best live act that are accociated with DnB.
Dirtyphonics are better by a million miles. And I don't think Pendulum are hated on because they 'sold out' - at least they shouldn't be - I think it's because their style is getting horribly boring, and while they don't class themselves as D&B anymore, a lot of people think that's what D&B is which is very irritating.

Last edited:
I don't really think Pendulum make drum and bass music anymore, so thats what the beef is when they're winning best live drum and bass act awards ...

Then again, wouldn't know who else to give it to?

Maybe DIRTYPHONICS goin by that video!

yeah when a system is bass heavy it annoys me....i like to be able to hear the pads and synths.

also the hi hats...a good high hat break can make a tune what it is...give it its pace IMO

Pendulum are the power behind all drum n bass without Pendulum there would have been no Champion Sound no Ram Records no Good Looking they are the forefathers we should bow at there greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom