Pendulum.. big live

yeh it did look pretty good just watched it on tv .. but its not real dnb .. dont get me wrong i would still have it out if i was there.. but i prfere other shit.. pendulum is too comercial.

Yeah, the buzz of playing in front of a crowd like that must be something else. Having said that Im quite pleased not to have been there in person as I have just watched the video. Hearing blood sugar, granite and propane nightmares live would have been an experience I would rather not go through.

right..

For those who slag of Pendulum... can you blame them for wanting to play these kind of crowds? See how well it works live??!! And im sorry but that music is far better produced, put togetehr and executed than 995 of dnb (Hazard included .. ;) lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2008/artists/pendulum/

I rest my case.

Verse must be loving it!

agreed they do there thing and do its seriously well , just like the prodigy did back in the early 90's , there always will be the die hard try hards who consider someone doing well from something
they consider to be street , black , urban , ... there talk is all image posse crap ... pendulum deserve everything positive from there success , the idiots who cuss them via forums only hate because there jealous and would die to be in there postion to proform, get well paid for doing what they love ....

big things pendulum ... i can only stand n salute :rslayer:

For anyone interested, the vinyl EP for "In Silico" is out this week.
Its a four track EP with the following tracks:
Showdown
Visions
Midnight Runner
9000 Miles

agreed they do there thing and do its seriously well , just like the prodigy did back in the early 90's , there always will be the die hard try hards who consider someone doing well from something
they consider to be street , black , urban , ... there talk is all image posse crap ... pendulum deserve everything positive from there success , the idiots who cuss them via forums only hate because there jealous and would die to be in there postion to proform, get well paid for doing what they love ....

big things pendulum ... i can only stand n salute :rslayer:

Im sorry, I respect what you say at the start but saying people hate them because they are jealous is not true. People hate them because they make poor quality music. Of course to other people, their music is great but I reackon most people on forums dedicated to dnb are not going to be great fans.

Its not poor quality music, it's very well produced like Lokki said. It's just not my cup of tea, for example, I wouldn't pay to go see them live (already have and was disapointed, sounding much better at big weekend).

Definately works well Live, aint sure about their releases on vinyl cause mixing it with DNB just sounds awful. But as emo/rock concerts go, the only way is up for them.

Good luck to them, and hopefully they'll bring something out soon that'll get me interested in them again.

i respect pendulum because i think that they are talented and have gone on to do they're own thing. i like they're older tunes but i dont like anything since blood sugar.

i think that the next power ballads compilation cd will probably have propane nightmares on it

peace all

i respect pendulum because i think that they are talented and have gone on to do they're own thing. i like they're older tunes but i dont like anything since blood sugar.

i think that the next power ballads compilation cd will probably have propane nightmares on it

peace all

Totally agree mate!!

I still think as producers go Pendulum are still in the top tier but they are not making the tunes to back it up!!!!

I must admit Showdown on the lp is decent the way it switches to there old style half way through brought back many good memories

They don't get my disrespect for not playing straight-up dnb or for evolving dnb. They get me disrespect for playing crap blatantly-targetted emo rock.

The Prodigy were constantly evolving their music but keeping it all quality (until say 2000) and fair play to Pendulum if they can achieve the same degree of popularity but we have enough crap emo bands as it is.

I was defending Pendulum until I heard Propane Nightmares. They can stick their emo rock up their ass.

I'm off to listen to some Rage Against The Machine.

They don't get my disrespect for not playing straight-up dnb or for evolving dnb. They get me disrespect for playing crap blatantly-targetted emo rock.

The Prodigy were constantly evolving their music but keeping it all quality (until say 2000) and fair play to Pendulum if they can achieve the same degree of popularity but we have enough crap emo bands as it is.

I was defending Pendulum until I heard Propane Nightmares. They can stick their emo rock up their ass.

I'm off to listen to some Rage Against The Machine.

It went tits up as soon as blood sugar was released.... allthough axel grinder was decent well the exclusive one before they ripped it apart and put a shit version on the B side

People hate them because they make poor quality music.

lol.. how the can you say that it is poor quality music..

the production is spot on.. yeah its not to everyone's taste but their collective talent far exceeds the confines of dnb.

We should be proud that a scene as insular as dnb has spawned something like this. Very few electronic music scenes create acts like this... Yeah it might not be your run of the mill dnb but there is a huge amount of dnb in their sound... And i think instead of ostricising them people should give them props for flexing where dnb can go.... What is dnb anyway? to try to pin down a genre of music so diverse becomse impossible... Ive heard less dnb sounding dnb tunes than some of Pendulum's stuff!

Anway the point of this thread was to show people that this is what CAn be achieved. for me when i saw that it clicked...clearly they had a really good idea of wher they were going.

It may suprise you but im not even a huge fan of their music.. im just ipressed by what they have done within the scene. I got bored of them when Another Planet came out TBH..i didnt even rate the Voodo Peopel thing really.... BUT.... they are the biggest thing to effect the dnb scene for years aned as far as im concerned when they were on the stage in that vid they were reppin for dnb.. and if it gets more people involved with dnb and increases its audience and allows producers room to be creative the its all very very good imo...sorry

Last edited:
lol.. how the can you say that it is poor quality music..

the production is spot on.. yeah its not to everyone's taste but their collective talent far exceeds the confines of dnb.

We should be proud that a scene as insular as dnb has spawned something like this. Very few electronic music scenes create acts like this... Yeah it might not be your run of the mill dnb but there is a huge amount of dnb in their sound... And i think instead of ostricising them people should give them props for flexing where dnb can go.... What is dnb anyway? to try to pin down a genre of music so diverse becomse impossible... Ive heard less dnb sounding dnb tunes than some of Pendulum's stuff!

Anway the point of this thread was to show people that this is what CAn be achieved. for me when i saw that it clicked...clearly they had a really good idea of wher they were going.

It may suprise you but im not even a huge fan of their music.. im just ipressed by what they have done within the scene. I got bored of them when Another Planet came out TBH..i didnt even rate the Voodo Peopel thing really.... BUT.... they are the biggest thing to effect the dnb scene for years aned as far as im concerned when they were on the stage in that vid they were reppin for dnb.. and if it gets more people involved with dnb and increases its audience and allows producers room to be creative the its all very very good imo...sorry

No need to apologise mate, its all opinions. There is no doubt that they are raising the general awareness of dnb.

I can say that they make poor quality music because I think they are going about the wrong way of increasing there popularity. I feel that they are going for the big bucks in a short space of time, making tunes which are all pretty similar. I feel this novelty will only last for so long before people get bored of it. Thats just my opinion which you might not agree with at all but thats up to you.

Im not a pendulum fan but they have made some quality tunes. Vault was great, another planet was good but since slam I think its gone really down hill.

I think we're both saying similar things. Im not hating pendulum but I think they are generally unpopular in the dnb cose of the way the go about things.

They have done big things but if you ask me they will not be played in ten years. In contrast to that I think that High Contrast is someone who will be remembered and whose tunes will still be rinsed both in the commercial field and the underground field.

For anyone interested, the vinyl EP for "In Silico" is out this week.
Its a four track EP with the following tracks:
Showdown
Visions
Midnight Runner
9000 Miles

Yeah i'm gonna bag a copy tbh... i've not been a huge fan of there work l8ley but i do agree they deserve credit for what there doing...

The track midnight runners is class if you ask me aswell

jesuslaughing3yn.jpg

Hey everyone, I'll probably get flamed for this........BUT

I really like Visions, Different and 9000miles of their new cd.

I think they have some good catchy hooks and they seem really well put together.

But, on the same note i purchased Andy C nightlife 4 and was blown away also,

These CD's are completely different.

Back
Top Bottom