PC Speakers for production

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Thread name pretty much says it all..

I have just started producing and realised how important good speakers actually are!..My budget is £150.. And thats still a tight budget for me so anything under would be good!!

Also im not too sure on what sound card i have (let me know if u know a way i can check), but i think its built in.. All i know is that it needs the realtek HD sound drivers..

Is it worth getting a new sound card while im at it?.. Hope not as i'm pretty tight on cash atm!!

Cheers in advance!

i dont use nuffin special!
i use these!lol
140614.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! yes sc thats my exact setup hahaha surprised some1 else has the same shit lol bought in maplin for about 20 or 30 quid cant remmeber you can produce on them, not very well but its do able, just invest the rest of the money in good headphones.

But sayin that, u cant beat monitors my mate trak d aka dexcell has mk1 alesis. there ok they sound a bit underwater-y might be his setup tho.

Culprate an Polygon have mackie mk 2s these are the best monitors to get imo but they cost a bomb!

I'm in a similar situation mate.

Annoyed with making music on my headphones (coz it ain't a real representation of wots playing) and now trying to work out whether its worth saving up £300 for a pair of mackies or spend a 1er on a pair of secondhand warfedales.
any suggestions?

Yep I've got them Welsh Junglist, they're sick aren't they? They're cheap too. Recommend them.

She's a beaut'

lol!

im currently using the shittest 5.1 system on this planet.. i swear the sub takes away bass not kicks it out? lol

Wish i could affort rokits :( Seem to be the thing to buy right now tho!!

Trust me the Rokits are good:)

Veerrry good lol.

These look good, do i need to buy any cables or anything aswell or will it all come supplied?..

I had to buy two 1/4" cables to go from my mixer into the speakers (one for left, one for right). Has your mixer got 1/4" outputs? These speakers have got 1/4" and XLR (Male) inputs.

Back
Top Bottom