Paying the Price

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Time Dependant, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Ezze people, has anyone else noticed that Christmas Eve, & New Years Eve has become more expensive. I was chatting to a friend earlier & we realised that since the whole extortionet price hike of the millenium (which was probably the worst NYE I've had) everywhere is beginning to charge for entry. You've got pubs, Weatherspoons, Yate's, etc, charging £5-£6 just to get into it. I mean come on what kiinda bullshit is that, all you wanna do is meet your mates for a festive drink & wish them a merry christmas. & Club prices on NYE have also begun to go through the roof, anyone remember paying between £50-£100 just for a ticket on NYE. Sorry to rant & become DnB Forum's Scrooge but it just ain't on. Clubs, pubs, & any other venue thats charging stupid amounts for entry you need to sort it out!!

Rant over ;)

2. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Its all bullshit, but if you want a top night (NYE) you gotta pay top money - Slammin Tickets werent more than £40.00 so it aint too bad!
    Its when you gotta take transport an lil fella into account it starts building up!

Fook paying for entry on Christmas eve though - I rarely make it to the public bar at the best of times, but to pay to get in :oscar: OI, NO!!!

3. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

It's a big old cop-out. NYE only seems to leave me disappointed.
    It's not liek it's any different to any other night of the year so why pay more for the same thing

On a more positive note: 1000 posts, GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Time Dependant

Yer Mr.Walker we never see you enough on the weekends!! Yer I think £40 is probably the most reasonable price you will find for a large event, but even that is alot of dollars to be spending just for one night, seeing as the rest of the events throughout the year are going to be half that price but still in the same venue, only difference is you don't scream when it hits 12 o' clock (unless they just dropped heaviest) :devilslay

5. skope

skope promoti0nal.douchbag

the promoters arent the problem, its the suppliers (venue, artists, production hire etc). they're the ones that take the piss. we're got nye booked next year, and the venue's costing us 3.5 times as much as it usually does!!
    that takes the piss.

6. Time Dependant

Nice one Skope that kinda clears things up a little more about the prices, as a promoter do you feel a little hard done by because it makes things harder to organise a succesful party for NYE?