DnB Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Not - Sid Fidla James Remix

Playing with some stuff. As always when playing, I make a remix. Think it's taken me about 3 hours to put this together. :S
This time it's Patrice Rushen's 'Forget Me Nots' getting the remixing treatment.
Loads could be improved, but that's as it's all made from parts made for other tunes. It's hardware I been playing with, so using sounds I know.
Regardless of fact this is a bit of a dip from my current standard, it's still a nice little remix, I think. So thought I'd share the joy.

Hope ya enjoy.

I feel like the bass sounds out of tune but other then that i like it!

You did all this hardware? Is live? I am sure there is a large learning curve. Eqing needs done but fun none the less.

Cheers man.
No not done all on hardware. Just playing with a new mixer and amp.
Is loads could do with improving. Kick isn't punchy enough, samples sometimes start to run out of time, slightly out of key in parts, ton of EQing needed if wanted to use those sounds together (be easier to make new patches).
Is just intended as a biut of fun though, so not doing those.

By way, anybody notice this isn't in 4/4? It's written in 6/8. First tune I've done in anything other than 'common time'. lol.

Haha. That fair enough.
Came from trying to remix a tune that was 3/4.
That doesn't work with DnB.
So doubled to 6/8. No idea of theory behind that. But seemed to work. Although I was sooooooo far off working out the key I needed a different tune for the remix.
Never quite got it for this, but find myself nodding my head to it, which i call a good sign.
Cheers again buddy :)

mix is really sketchy..

but oddly i like it... reminds me of mib (y)

Sketchy it is. Is a very quickly put together tune.
'Forget Me Nots' is the tune they copied for MiB. Why it sounds similar. ;)
I prefer Patrice's version to wicky-wicky-wild-wild-Will Smiths version.
Cheers for feedback dude.

Back
Top Bottom