Part Fire Part Dream - Cassidy's Theme

Kirby

Hey, all!

I've recently finished this track, and... I'd like to know what I could be doing better. I like it a lot, although I'm a little insecure about a couple things:

The piano from 0:36 to 0:46 (is it not enough on its own?)

The drums from 0:36 to 1:30 (inspired by Dabs & NFM - Half Truth, not sure if I pulled them off).

And the piano/synths (everything that's not bass or drums) - do they need to be louder or more prominent in the mix?

Here's the track: https://soundcloud.com/partfirepartdream/cassidys-theme/s-83Ykp

I'm also looking for some general feedback - is it good? Is it mediocre? Do you like it? Would you expect to see it on Proximity or Mars or Absys? If not, what does it need to get there?

Thanks for listening. :)

Last edited:
Beautiful track, love the piano..
But it gets to quiet to fast around 0:47. The piano alone is no problem at all, but the drums dissappearr quite fast.
The drop/main parts is also beautiful, that bass is lovely.
And then, again, its gets to quiet. The paino alone sounds good, but isn't loud enough after that part with basses, drums, pads and stuff
At the end: the voice is awesome and fits the track, but it just sounded a bit random at the end, why not use it earlier?

Those are just comments I heard while listening, but above all, I love the track

Back
Top Bottom