Parametric EQ?

Osime

Official Japanese Student
VIP Junglist
EZ. Does anyone know of a place where I can get a decent parametric EQ (preferably free)? I'm producing a hip-hop beat with some samples from Fela Kuti and the music in the background is a bit loud. Since the samples come from different parts of the track, they clash pretty hard. I've tried the noise gate, but that doesn't work and it just seems to wash out my original sample.

If the parametric EQ doesn't work, then is there an easier way to get the background band to quiet down?

so the music is locked behind the drums? hmm i would use a low pass filter or use a de-noiser, not sure if it would work well enough tho (big lack of sound quality imo). might it be easier or better to recreate the music?

so the music is locked behind the drums? hmm i would use a low pass filter or use a de-noiser, not sure if it would work well enough tho (big lack of sound quality imo). might it be easier or better to recreate the music?

No, there's just a background band that plays at a slightly lower level than the horn section. Lol, I could never recreate these guys' music with that authenticity. I guess I'll work on something else until I figure it out then.

youll get average results really, with any technique, i do find it odd, although ive never used cubase, that it doesnt have a parametric eq, but there are tonnes out there for free, try that google thing.

can you post up that sample for us to hear? use a spectral anylizer to see whats clashing and then use any eq to dramaticly cut those unwanted signals ;)

EQing out anything from behind a brass section is really hard if not impossible, because tuff like percussion, guitars and pianos usually have a lot of overlapping frequencies with horns. Brass differentiates from a quitar by the timbre or texture of the sound, not necessarily the frequency.

So I'm afraid there's not much you can do apart from using cubase's built in EQ to carve out the bass (below 200Hz for example) and the highs (above 8KHz). It will change the sound of the brass tho.

this idea worked for me in the very early times when I started recording things:
Instead of bringing down the other elements try this.
Bring the full sample to a very low level, then use EQ to boost up only the freq where the instrument is. Will anyway sound weird, but you can mix this with the original sample so it doesn't sound so weird nor so loud the backing instruments.

EZ. Does anyone know of a place where I can get a decent parametric EQ (preferably free)? I'm producing a hip-hop beat with some samples from Fela Kuti and the music in the background is a bit loud. Since the samples come from different parts of the track, they clash pretty hard. I've tried the noise gate, but that doesn't work and it just seems to wash out my original sample.

If the parametric EQ doesn't work, then is there an easier way to get the background band to quiet down?

I advise to wire cubase to reason for mastering . personal eq and etc your call but there are soooo many eq plugins (just type effect plug-in in google [or something similar] i'm pretty sure you satisfy your needs)

Back
Top Bottom