Paracyte - Little Maggie

paracyte

Hi There.
First time on the forum, so let me introduce myself a little. Listening and producing electronic music for about 15 years now, doing some radio shows a little djing as well.
Pruducing mainly dnb but time to time breakbeat and chillout as well. My setup - cubase sx and vst plugs + Propellerheads Reason + Hardware synth Akai miniak, fostex monitors and Behringer mixer. It's not a lot but enough for me.
I make music mainly for pleasure, I'm not chasing labels to release my tunes. It was always my hobby and it will stay like this - when you mix money with pleasure it almost constantly stops being a pleasure :) So, thats about it.

This tune was finished few days ago, any comments and tips appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/paracyte/paracyte-little-maggie

Enjoy !
Cheers.

Last edited:
Yeah mate I'm liking the melody you got going here and that sample is quality. BUt the drums are quite repetitive, definitely need more variation, and could also do with being a bit more prominent in the mix, more punchy.

Also you might want to change the bass so that instead of chasing the melody it dances around it like from 2:20 - BANG

Easy Scatcat,
Thanks very much for the review.
Drums could use more variation that's a true. But I think they prominent enough, they cut through the mix nicely.
I'll think about the bass line.
Thanks again !
Anyone else ?

Intro is nice. Bass sounds great but the drums are repetitive. Also maybe throw a Dominion Signal Modeler on the main drum bus (or all your individual drum channels) and turn the attack vol up a bit and the decay down a bit and mess around with some saturation and they will be perfect =D That vocal works great with the song as well man keep it up.

Ez Red,
Thanks for the review, glad you like the tune, Ill give a try with dominion on the drums, thanks for the tip.
Cheers/

This is a great tune I like just about everything about it. Except your reece sounds a little muffled and not comin thu clear enough. The drums are good for the tune. Dig it

Back
Top Bottom