Papa J's - 'Back 2 da Oldskool' mix

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
To all my hands in the air crew! Gloves & whistles at the ready!

Here's a propa '91-'93 Old Skool set for your delectation...all on vinyl of course. Time to clear a space in the middle of your room and get ready to buss moves into the early hours :eek: In the words of the immortal tune...'Give up the vibe to keep it alive so people can understand it'!

As usual any feedback or criticism welcome... :rave:

Tracklist

Rebel MC - Afrikan [Desire Records]
DJ Seduction - Hardcore Heaven (Hardcore mix) [Impact]
Shut up and Dance feat Peter Bouncer - Raving I'm Raving [SUAD Records]
Rebel MC feat Barrington Levy & Tenor Fly - Tribal Base [Desire Records]
Dee Patten - Who's the Badman? [Hard Hands]
Ragga Twins feat Junior Reed - Shine Eye [SUAD Records]
Rave Breakz Vol 2 - Where Prodigy Lives [Rave Breakz]
Urban Hype - Trip to Trumpton [Faze 2]
Son'z of a loop da loop era - Far Out [Suburban Base]
Edge 1 - Compnded [Edge Recordings]
Phuture Assasins - Future Sound [Suburban Base]
Pseudo 3 - Renk & Dirty [Music Madness]
Phuture Assasins - Forever [Warehouse Wax]
Neuromancer - Pennywise [Symphony Sound Records]
Rave Breakz Vol 1 - Angel Delight [Rave Breakz]
DMS feat MC Boneman X - Gunshot Remix [Production House]
Anthony Nathan - Untitled [Pure White]
???
Urban Distress - La Bamba [Ibiza Records]

Last edited:
OH YES.....tracklist is looking good....this is going on the dog an bone tonight Papa!!!!!

Bumpage! Well worth checking even it's not the stuff you usually listen to. This is old skool taken from a slightly different angle from the one you may be used to hearing...

Flawless mate, another HENCH MIX! do not get board when i listen to your mixes, the selection on this badboi, loads of tunes iv never heard before..
Theres one track i really want the name of, its on the mix, youll see on soundcloud..
Passed this onto a friend as she likes abit of oldskool, if i heard this mix out, i be rolling me eyes to me skull!!
Tight mixing as always

Cheers Danny! The tune you're after is called Edge1 - Compnded (dont think it's a typing error) by someone called Gordon from Hull...not sure if it ever got a proper release but it's an absloute anthem! Glad you enjoyed the mix man...

Any more for the ride?

haha the shut up n dance one ..banned or not just a big tune ...i didn t realised it on the tl but when the first melody cam,e up i was like ooohh jeah ......rewind select
even if my work mates where just laughing at me (i was listnin your selection while i was counting our tills and closing the store) lol

the hole selection is big !!

haha the shut up n dance one ..banned or not just a big tune ...i didn t realised it on the tl but when the first melody cam,e up i was like ooohh jeah ......rewind select
even if my work mates where just laughing at me (i was listnin your selection while i was counting our tills and closing the store) lol

the hole selection is big !!

Respect mate! That tune's the 'original' breaks tune...such a huge record when it came out!

Thanks for checking msce it's a pleasure as always...

Cheers Danny! The tune you're after is called Edge1 - Compnded (dont think it's a typing error) by someone called Gordon from Hull...not sure if it ever got a proper release
yeah it did mate it was on edge recordings called edge 1 , black label with edge 1 on it , ive also got the remix which just has remix on it in big white letters , original all the way for me :)

Ah seeeeen! Also that remix is fucking heavy has to be said. Think it's one of those tunes with a missing bar?!

yes mate - standard for you really - wicked selection and the mixing on this is tight as fuck. (there is also a really neat rewind to finish one of the mixes that worked really well - cant beat a well placed rewind ; )

will pass this one on to a mate who still thinks its 1993 - he will love this - and probably be able to name that unknown track for ya! :)

safe

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Dude whats that Angel Breaks track? I have the original Found a Cafe (SmartE does my show on Pressure with me when he can get out of bed) and that version is sorta the same but not!

LOL! Mate I don't know what to say I feel slightly dirty having stuck it in my mix. I only bought it coz I missed the original first time around so snapped up this one when I saw it...it's such a straight forward rape of the Found a Cafe tune...:O If he wants to start beef with them (and nobody would blame him) he could start by asking the guys at nu urban what the dilly is... http://www.nu-urbanmusic.co.uk/drum_and_bass/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3409

Classic breaks tune from 2000...

Complete balls out copypasta job from 2005...

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom