Papa J - Thundering Mantis Mix - Dnb Set

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
Big up to all my DNB Soldiers! :gun:

It's that time again gents...another bad bwoy set mixed for your aural pleasure. I've kept it varied as per the regs although the usual door policy of balls out beats and bass still apply. Any comments or criticism greatly appreciated. Time to fire up those power amps/speakers...wake the neighbours...make a little space in the middle of your room...move some furniture...and let the music set you free! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8grzRgQ_AWY :gun:

Watch yer bass bins I'm tellin' ya!! :gun:

Songshan-Mountain-Shao-lin-Temple.jpg

:shades:

Tracklist:

Catalone - Wicked Reggae
Danny Lo - Protection (Version)
Rebel MC & Tena Fly - Born Again (Serial Killaz Remix)
Bladerunner - Back to the Jungle
DRS feat Kenny Ken - Everyman (Krinjah Remix)
Serum & Bladerunner - Chalice (Aries Remix)
Daddy Freddy feat Friendly Fire Crew - Extravaganza (Aries Remix)
Bladerunner - Leave Dem Alone
Phobia - Singularity
Loxy & Dylan - Death March
Twisted Individual - The F Word (Zen Remix)
Krome & Time - Ganja Man (Jaydan Remix)
Serum & Northern Lights - Get Mash Up
4 Corners Crew feat Tribuman - Step Up Father
Top Cat - Friend In Need (Panik & M Rode Remix)
Sub Zero - Clash
R Cola - Nuttin' A Go So
Shimon & Andy C - Nightflight
Isaac Meyer - When We Kill Your Sound
Igit Hot - Ring Di Alarm
Ram Trilogy - No Reality
Bladerunner - Mercenary Dub (Clean Version)
Serial Killaz - Traffic Blocking
Freestylers - Entertainer (Serial Killaz Remix)
Serial Kilaz - Rude Boy Style
Rebel MC - Gun Pon Teeth
Kenny Ken - Murda Yuh (Savage Rehab Remix)​

Listening now mate, some tracks in there I'm not familiar with, looking forward to it.

Yes! Yes! You lovely lovely people! Thanks for checking. Put some effort with this one so I hope you like it. Let me know what you think!

And my word is there a lot of sub base around at the moment.... :eek:

yes paps! cheers for the headz up.
really intrigued by ur selection here. i see some typical papa beats that you've become known for spinning and a couple of wild cards in there too.
will be reaching for this during my early morning shifts.

Big up gents! There's even a surprise 'bumba clot' mix in there just to keep you on your toes Ted.

Where's my bassline crew at?

I'm not usually much into jungly/amen stuff, but I thought I might give this a listen. Really nice mix man, ideal for the sunny chill-out morning. Especially loved the part around Back To The Jungle, that mix with Marka and the part around Clash. You've also nailed that mix with No Reality. Big up mate, will definitely check out your next one :)

fucking hell man, this mix is so raw. chalice is indeed absolute fire. nuttin a go so > nightflight..... wow. one of the best blends i've heard from a forum mix, up there with HAB's sure thing > kush talk intro, pure vibes. variety was on point and you clearly know what your doing on the decks, would love to hear something like this played out on a proper system. big respect to you

I'm very much into the jungly / amen bizz, 'pon it like blue on Sonic!!

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Murderous!

Just streamed this badboy off Soundcloud, absolutely wicked mix mate. Loved the transition in styles, still keeping to the jungle/sub bass/ragga feel you was going for. Here are my fave bits:

Bladerunner - Back to the Jungle
DRS feat Kenny Ken - Everyman (Krinjah Remix)

R Cola - Nuttin' A Go So
Shimon & Andy C - Nightflight
^This one deserves to be in bold. Great mix

Also introduced me to this one..

4 Corners Crew feat Tribuman - Step Up Father)

RIDDIM!

Looking forward to the next one mate. Big up

I'm not usually much into jungly/amen stuff, but I thought I might give this a listen. Really nice mix man, ideal for the sunny chill-out morning. Especially loved the part around Back To The Jungle, that mix with Marka and the part around Clash. You've also nailed that mix with No Reality. Big up mate, will definitely check out your next one :)

Nice one mate! Glad you took a chance on it...it's always nice taking a wonder round a different part of the park. That Marka mix is my favourite for the moment. Was thinking we should do a Marka mix thread so we can compare a bit. Hope you like the next mix fella...

fucking hell man, this mix is so raw. chalice is indeed absolute fire. nuttin a go so > nightflight..... wow. one of the best blends i've heard from a forum mix, up there with HAB's sure thing > kush talk intro, pure vibes. variety was on point and you clearly know what your doing on the decks, would love to hear something like this played out on a proper system. big respect to you

Safe Jack! Glad you liked it...I always try and keep the vibes flowing. Wicked write up as well. Have to say that Krinjah remix surprised the shit out of me when I first heard it and it's free on his website along with a shit load of tunes. Jack you're large.

I'm very much into the jungly / amen bizz, 'pon it like blue on Sonic!!

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Murderous!

Easy Seppo. Gwarn junglist! You should get one posted mate.

biiig selection man nearly every single choons a banger :outofammo SALUTE!

Leicht. Schlechter mann! :rambo:

Just streamed this badboy off Soundcloud, absolutely wicked mix mate. Loved the transition in styles, still keeping to the jungle/sub bass/ragga feel you was going for. Looking forward to the next one mate. Big up

Big up Spyto! You know how I roll it's all about the variety. I don't understand people who just play dubwize etc. Anyway I hope I kept it entertaining. Maximum respec'.

Anyone else for the ride?

Big mix man!! Wicked wicked selection!! love the diversity of styles and the flawless transitions between them.
Especially that Top Cat tune!! :bounce: Representing truly junglist madness in my opinion! :devilslay

Back
Top Bottom