Papa J - Monkey Fist p2 - DnB Mix

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
nws4S0h.jpg

Gwarn big up your chests gents! Thought it was about time I returned to my main love...DnB in all it's glorious styles and sub genres!

If you're feeling it leave a message. Comments & criticisms welcome. Hope you lot N-Joi! :gun::gun:

:banana:

Tracklist

Dom & Optical – Quadrant 6
EZ Rollers – Synaesthesia (Dom & Roland Remix)
Freestyles – Play the Game
Q Project – Champion Sound (Total Science Remix)
Survival – Hanout
Capone - Friday
The Dream Team – Warriors (Daffy Remix)
Fogata Sounds feat Tippa Irie – Loud & Clear (Dialect & Kosine Remix)
Skitty – Take out your Guns
Skitty – Warehouse Days
Bladerunner – Leave Dem Alone
Break – Traits (Remix)
Sigma Remix – Special Dedication
DJ SS – Dual Voltage (‘99 Remix)
X Nation – No Need To Tell Ya
Total Recall - Ethnic Origin
Audio – Headroom (Cause4Concern VIP)
Enei – Stonewall VIP
Interjection – Get Down
DJ Hazard – Selector
Clipz - Soundboy
DC Breaks – Swag
Dabs & MC Kwality - Skull & Bones
Chroma - Intermission
Benny Page – Crazy (Bladerunner Remix)
DJ Hybrid – Brockout
Serial Killaz - Rude Boy Style​

Is there a style you don't/can't mix??

Will use this for the Monday blues. Shabba

Yes mate! Damn straight there ain't no music I can't tame lol!

This is absolutely massive. That headroom mix is too much!

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks for id'ing Traits for me. Wicked tune!

My pleasure. Got some wicked tunes off your mix nice one m8!

Quadrant 6, what a forgotten gem! Rageroll on the flip is interesting too ;)

...on the D/L

Absolutely love the original it's the bigger tune for me anyway. Cheers.

on this mate

Gwarn Tony big yourself up!

yeah shall get on this one for sure some big tunes in that

swag into skull and bones - interested how you did this so different though tunes but each huge in their own way

Hope you like it Jordan! Swag is sooo big it'll mix with any big vocal tune imo.

Gwaaaaaarn Papa! :slayer:

Respect Stu! Would love to hear what you think of it geez!

Enei – Stonewall VIP

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

good mix (y)

tumblr_l9vy667Wd41qb7evco1_500.gif

quadrant 6 first tune. listens.

Big up James! Propa WAR tune intro trust!

indeed I would like this, will listen on my way to work tomozzle :cowbell:

Yes Harold and a big cowbell to you to! Braap!

Here we go then Paps.

Not sure I have even heard Quadrant 6 (yeh, my bad). Sweet intro on that before it turns menacing :) liked the 'pang' sounding notes that come in in that. Enjoyed the simple funky hooks in Play The Game + never heard that tune before (which is always nice). Reminded me that I must play that Hanout tune some more..... that one is a really funky steppa, leading into the twinkley intro of Friday, didn't see what was coming with that & Hanout! Mad blend right there :) Always been a bit dubious about leaving Friday in for that long, but you made it work, even with the off kilter plinks off Warriors rmx. Cheeky little rewind in there. Warriors rmx - Loud & Clear rmx rolled SO well together, on a similar dubby tip.

Traits rmx came in chopping into Leave Dem Alone effectively, and for a long mix, which was pleasant on the ears. Not heard that Dual Voltage rmx in time & nice one for putting it in there. Wicked mix with Special Dedication, but it does come in half way through a 32 bar section. The steppiness of Stonehead vip contrasted the more gritty Headroom when that came in. Isn't 'Interjection' meant to be Interface? Wicked tune anyhow & sat well off the back of Stonehead vip. Got a nice mix with Get Down that I might string together in a jump up mix sometime. Not heard Selector in years either. The melody in that and the pleasing soft bass of Get Down work really well together, fair amount of blend on that mix and was enjoying that. Already thinking that Soundboy will make a good mix with Selector before it was in. Kinda sat back a bit in the ride when it was coming in.

Are you a vinyl dj or cdj man? Very sharp mixing anyhow. Took me on a journey off stuff I wouldn't normally listen to & bit that are sat in the stack. Fair few rewinds in there which were ok, as long as they don't become too frequent (just personal preference). Nice mix man (y)

Oh hai Mr. Jaro.

Any mix that starts with Quadrant 6 is winner with me. One of my favourite Moving Shadow releases.

On't th'iPhone.

Looks good Papa, will you be dedicating future mixes to other parts of the monkey or is this a strictly a fist based series?

Pon the d'l

Nice one,

digging this part a lot:
Break – Traits (Remix)

Great variation without breaking the flow!

PS: Quadrant 6 = war :bone:

this mix was amazing, tight mixing with great selection from start to finish, best bit had to be swag into skull and bones, pure fiya:antitank:

Here we go then Paps.

Not sure I have even heard Quadrant 6 (yeh, my bad). Sweet intro on that before it turns menacing :) liked the 'pang' sounding notes that come in in that. Enjoyed the simple funky hooks in Play The Game + never heard that tune before (which is always nice). Reminded me that I must play that Hanout tune some more..... that one is a really funky steppa, leading into the twinkley intro of Friday, didn't see what was coming with that & Hanout! Mad blend right there :) Always been a bit dubious about leaving Friday in for that long, but you made it work, even with the off kilter plinks off Warriors rmx. Cheeky little rewind in there. Warriors rmx - Loud & Clear rmx rolled SO well together, on a similar dubby tip.

Traits rmx came in chopping into Leave Dem Alone effectively, and for a long mix, which was pleasant on the ears. Not heard that Dual Voltage rmx in time & nice one for putting it in there. Wicked mix with Special Dedication, but it does come in half way through a 32 bar section. The steppiness of Stonehead vip contrasted the more gritty Headroom when that came in. Isn't 'Interjection' meant to be Interface? Wicked tune anyhow & sat well off the back of Stonehead vip. Got a nice mix with Get Down that I might string together in a jump up mix sometime. Not heard Selector in years either. The melody in that and the pleasing soft bass of Get Down work really well together, fair amount of blend on that mix and was enjoying that. Already thinking that Soundboy will make a good mix with Selector before it was in. Kinda sat back a bit in the ride when it was coming in.

Are you a vinyl dj or cdj man? Very sharp mixing anyhow. Took me on a journey off stuff I wouldn't normally listen to & bit that are sat in the stack. Fair few rewinds in there which were ok, as long as they don't become too frequent (just personal preference). Nice mix man (y)

Big up Watcha glad you gave it a spin! Glad you like my blends I have to say I try my best to find nice mixes for tunes Friday >> Hanout being a perfect example. As for leaving Friday in that long cha! it was a big tune then and it's a big tune now lol! You're right about the Dual Voltage mix but I would have had to start it from the point where I finished the last one and unfortunately I need at least 8 bars to catch my breath between mixes. Glad you liked my selection I'd be interested to hear what you have for 'Get Down' imo we should start a thread for that it's such a great tune to dd. I was vinyl only up until May 2011 when I got Serato but any vinyl only tunes i play in my sets have been digitised I can't be arsed to plug and unplug my decks to mix formats (I hate Serato thru mode for vinyl). Big up for listening thanks for the review I feel honoured lol.

Oh hai Mr. Jaro.

Any mix that starts with Quadrant 6 is winner with me. One of my favourite Moving Shadow releases.

On't th'iPhone.

Gwarn Gloxxy! You know Dom was one of the goliaths of the scene back in the day!

Looks good Papa, will you be dedicating future mixes to other parts of the monkey or is this a strictly a fist based series?

Pon the d'l

Easy TJ! As a huge fan of bush meat I'd find it hard just to stick to the fists but we shall see.

go ed, i will ave a go lad

Glad to see you passing through Joey. Big up to you and your crew geez.

Nice one,

digging this part a lot:
Break – Traits (Remix)

Great variation without breaking the flow!

PS: Quadrant 6 = war :bone:

That's what I aim for Kai glad you enjoyed it!

this mix was amazing, tight mixing with great selection from start to finish, best bit had to be swag into skull and bones, pure fiya:antitank:

Nice one Danny! Cheers me dears.

Dave, ive still not listened to this, shame on me. Those Lenzman and MArkey fabric mixes have been on repeat for weeks. Ill drop a few words tomorrow man!

Back
Top Bottom