Papa J - 'Fat Ting!' DnB Mix

Dont know if you noticed as well but that's the remix of VOTS which is a seriously rare tune. It's got the funkier rhythm and bass line than the original imo...
I did actually, i have that on cd somewhere, sold old compilation but it has the long dark mix on it, may have to draw for it at some point

class mix man, just gotta say how huge is jungle ting... will be picking up a few bits from this for sure, that bladerunner remix is sick as well. didnt know much about the other stuff but it all sounded good, nice to hear something that is more jungle than jump up nowadays. mixing was good too, only part i thought was a bit abrupt was can you feel it into r bass but otherwise the flow was smooth and rowdy. more like this please (y)

thoroughly enjoyed this
that Bladerunner remix near the start is mad and the opening was sick aswell, really liked the way Valley of Shadows kinda kicks on the Sigma remix
(is it me or does that tune kinda quiet even when i mix it, it never sounds right)
and then following that was sick aswell. was mad hearing the more jump uppy tracks aswell was a nice surprise Skitty >> Verb sounded pretty ill just thought after that it kinda lost the vibe but was still good hearing alot of those tunes dont know most of them

Just banged this out... was serious vibes! And mixing was tight throughout!

Had to go back and listen to the R-Type bit again, dunno what it is about that tune but it all just works so well! Good to hear something a bit different too, I never really listen to this kind of dnb anymore, I used to go out to a few jungle events and get messy to some good old amens but I haven't been to that sort of thing in ages... and on another note, that hand grenade remix was one of the tunes that got me into dnb so brought back memories hearing that again lol!

An excellent listen so far mate- Only 15 mins through & really enjoying the oldskool rolling vibe on offer! Not heard that jungle version of Police in Helicoptor before- pleasantly surprised (Ive only ever really known the Congo Natty 'Original Ses' mix). Rest of the tracklist looks heavy :)
Nice one mate!

Søt!

Sick mate, as always. Straight in the car for the long drives.
Big.
You're large!

class mix man, just gotta say how huge is jungle ting... will be picking up a few bits from this for sure, that bladerunner remix is sick as well. didnt know much about the other stuff but it all sounded good, nice to hear something that is more jungle than jump up nowadays. mixing was good too, only part i thought was a bit abrupt was can you feel it into r bass but otherwise the flow was smooth and rowdy. more like this please (y)
Glad you dug it Jimbo. I'm still getting the hang of using different formats so it's hard for me to be as smooth as when I'm just mixing vinyl.

really enjoyed that mate. good vibes all the way through. big up
Safe Dan. Liked our video btw. Always good to welcome another gladiator into the arena...

thoroughly enjoyed this
that Bladerunner remix near the start is mad and the opening was sick aswell, really liked the way Valley of Shadows kinda kicks on the Sigma remix
(is it me or does that tune kinda quiet even when i mix it, it never sounds right)
and then following that was sick aswell. was mad hearing the more jump uppy tracks aswell was a nice surprise Skitty >> Verb sounded pretty ill just thought after that it kinda lost the vibe but was still good hearing alot of those tunes dont know most of them
Glad you like it...I know you like your mixes big mate! I know what you mean about losing the vibe the thing is I like the hard stuff and the happier reggae stuff so my sets can be a bit schizophrenic like that. Need to do a dark one just to exorcise some of the demons lol!

Just banged this out... was serious vibes! And mixing was tight throughout!

Had to go back and listen to the R-Type bit again, dunno what it is about that tune but it all just works so well! Good to hear something a bit different too, I never really listen to this kind of dnb anymore, I used to go out to a few jungle events and get messy to some good old amens but I haven't been to that sort of thing in ages... and on another note, that hand grenade remix was one of the tunes that got me into dnb so brought back memories hearing that again lol!
Easy Mish Mash safe for checking it mate! Nothing like adding jungle vibes to a set imo...check this mate you've really no excuses at these prices... http://www.nu-urbanmusic.co.uk/drum_and_bass/shop/drumandbass_jungle.php
And I hear what you say about R-Type...it mixes so well into vocal tracks it's really stood the test of time. Big up Jo whoever the fuck he was. Big tune.

Thanks for checking it lads! Any more wanna jump onboard? :gun:

Nice one mate!

Easy Mish Mash safe for checking it mate! Nothing like adding jungle vibes to a set imo...check this mate you've really no excuses at these prices... http://www.nu-urbanmusic.co.uk/drum_and_bass/shop/drumandbass_jungle.php
And I hear what you say about R-Type...it mixes so well into vocal tracks it's really stood the test of time. Big up Jo whoever the fuck he was. Big tune.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that Jo was a woman! Madness! You never see woman DJ's or producers!

I havent heard that one mate! There used to be loads more women producing back in the day I don't know where they've all gone.

Gwarn dnbforum crew...worth a spin gents!

easy man had a spin of this not long ago... realy enjoyed the selection most of the time... I'm not too into my happy ragga but mixed over dark tunes like u have done sounds good! into tunes with more moody vibes ( c+s ruffest gun remix for example ).
but like everyone has said its nice to hear something different, agreed on the hand grenade remix, still love that tune as simple as it is now!
cheers bro!

Back
Top Bottom