Papa explain Common Law to IV

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by IV4, Oct 11, 2012.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

So if you disrespect the magistrate they have no power? I thought English lawyers wore wigs, robes, and sexy lingerie? Papa you are a lawyer(maybe) what the hell is going on here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

im not clicking that. but wait sooo jaros is a whatnow? surely not, jaros is into reggae ffs, nobody into reggae ever amounted to more than confused and overly fixated with cannabis and a beanie with fake dreads attached, possibly a depleted trust fund.
    funny thing actually, the day i learend the word trustafarian i told my girlfriend at the time, who had dreads, and she replied 'i used to have a trust fund but i blew it on a snowboard holiday in france' haha couldnt believe it, she was a trustafarian (means a kid with dreads who has a trust fund in case you already didnt know). i dont know how much you know about dreads but its not easy for a white person with the normal straight hair to maintain those fking things, its nearly a fulltime occupation.

3. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

judges only wear wigs robes in crown court, magistrates are normal people on duty giving sentences from sentencing guidelines, max 2yrs.

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

The Spartans had dreads logikz. They where white,

What is common law? It seems interesting that you can claim common law and the police show up on your side. Why?

5. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

6. Saint

Saint Buried Audio

As far as i know, common law, at its most basic is basically: don't hurt people, don't take peoples shit, basically crimes with a direct victim. This contrasts with statutory law like parking fines etc etc.

I've seen that video before (and didnt watch it again this time) but i think this is related to the whole freeman movement which you should probably look into if you want to understand more.

EDIT:

There is all sorts of shifty / niche shit in law which is why if you say the right things and understand your rights you can get results like that.