DnB pano9000 – Nothing Is The Same [Liquid D&B]

awesome work! always loved a sax (it's a sax right?) in dnb, immediately gives a certain vibe
love it!
Just maybe turn down the kick a bit? Or the drums in general?
The intro was also a bit long, the way it is now is ok, but personally i'd shorten it a bit

other than that... awesome

awesome work! always loved a sax (it's a sax right?) in dnb, immediately gives a certain vibe
love it!
Just maybe turn down the kick a bit? Or the drums in general?
The intro was also a bit long, the way it is now is ok, but personally i'd shorten it a bit

other than that... awesome
Thanks for listening and commenting. it's much appreciated.
and Yeah, it's a sax :)

about your other comments: You are definitely right about the drums.
the mix was not balanced well in the preview I uploaded. The reason: I mixed it down on headphones only.
I now checked the track on my speakers and made an improved mix down :)
(I'll probably replace the old audio on my soundcloud page with the new mix)

about the intro: I personally think it's a "standard" length intro, useful when DJing :)
For "Radio Play" the intro would be definitely too long, I agree. But I don't see myself being played on the radio, so when I arrange stuff, I try to think link a DJ :D

btw: I'm going to check out some of your stuff tomorrow too.

Ah yea, that prob was it, I always find it easier to mix on monitors..
Looking forwards to hearing the new mix!

new mix is up. I replaced the audio file on the soundcloud page.

and this is my last one: https://soundcloud.com/deltadnb/sunday-vibes-1/s-2w8SX
I always wanted to do a track with a sax, and after hearing your track, it gave me the last push to actually start making a tune with one
[/QUOTE]

it's definitely nicely produced and mixed as far as I can tell. Interesting "minimalistic" like drums you got goin on in there.
The chords in the track however are not really my cup of tea, although I'm sure there are people who will like them! :)

I really enjoyed listening to this track. There is something off about the piano. Sounds out of key.

yea this version sound much better!

and yea, now IV4 mentions it, there is something off when the piano come in

And about my chords: I don't really know any decent chords, so I just keep them simple :p
but thanks :D

Re: pano9000 – Nothing Is The Same [Liquid D&B]

Awesome vibe. Sounds a little unprofessional tho, intro was kind of boring and dull. But overall, a decent tune to listen to!

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the pad at 0:17. Did you make it on your own or is it a sample?

thanks for all the feedback. I too started to notice the piano sounding a bit off, so I decided it was time to fix it, by simply playing the chords in myself (previously it was a sample taken from the same source as the other two samples in there).
The new mix is up now:
https://soundcloud.com/pano9000/nothing-is-the-same-preview

@Quotec:
Thanks for the comment. What do you mean with "unprofessional"? Is there something particular that makes it sound like it?
regarding your question about the pad: do you mean the "Swoosh" like effect? I created that myself with some white noise and some filters

Back
Top Bottom