Panic Attacks / O.C.D. / Anxiety Disorders ... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, May 24, 2010.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

yea, so last couple years ive been abit o.c.d. , breaking taps, door handles, take photos of my light switches, and then sitting on my train looking at the pictures if i doubt whether i turned them off.. also shouting ' off ' at my cooker ect .. at first i thought it was abit quirky like .. almost enjoyable playing tricks with my barnet .. anyway , the o.c.d.'s warn off pretty much altogether now fr some reason, but its been replaced with these , sleep panic attacks .. everynight, when i go to sleep, as soon as i start drifting off, my heart starts bangin, shoot up out of bed , feeling all dizzy like im gunna die , then lye down agen, and try to fall asleep..

first time it happend, i thought it was a heart attack, next time i didnt know... now i just know im a complete fucktard..

on the plus tho ,

i rekon im gunna be scoring loads of decent drugs off my doc in the week .. appy days :D

anyone else ever suffered with Anxiety disorders .. they are pretty shit.. im a head strong character, thats the thing, i'd never think id get em , when i wake up panicking it lasts 20-30 seconds, just coz i think ... wtf ? ... stop being an asshole!

so

am

i

alone

in my weirdness :bruce::bruce::bruce::bruce::bruce:

2. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Na mate, not alone by any means!

I have awful panic attacks if I overdo it on anything now, the day after like, even off booze...

Stems from when I was bad on the sniff & couldn't breathe through my nose, I basically hyperventilate myself to the point of passing out/vomitting as i'm focusing on my breathing or lack of it.

Now i've managed to attach that to any feeling of roughness after a very heavy session, fucking sucks.

I get it more around people I don't know too, have to explain it to them beforehand if i've just them & going on a sesh, I guess its paranoia/physical mixed.

Horrible as fuck though, takes me ages to calm myself down & get a grip.

:(

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i get the waking up with the insane heart rate... i too instantly thought heart attack, it does sucks and scares the shit out of ya!

luckily it only happens 3 or 4 times a year?

4. DontLikeCops

DontLikeCops Certified tramp

Dude stop drinking heroin of the spoon while its still boiling, see if that helps

5. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

nahhh .. mines every night without fail now ..

and moskit, yea, i get abit weird after caining it aswell, anxietry is defiantely alot worse after harsh sessions, even on the booze, the day after i can freak out ..

i used to be a mega speed freak, snorting a shit load of powder every day for a couple years, and i used to focus on my shallow breathing, and almost pass out .. i got bad lungs / asthma anyow .. if i concerntrate on my breathing now, it would go all fucked up and ill go dizzy ..

i'd probably say i could link some of it to drugs i dunno ... but as i say, im a head-strong fella ... really, so i cant believe i have them .. nothing causes the sleep one at all .. gotta be some unspent stress or sumthin.. maybe i need to bash off more

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

i think skag is my key to freedom

6. dizzzeejungle

dizzzeejungle Junglist Down Under..

Yeah I find the key is to psych your self out of it. U have to remind yourself that eventually you r going to sleep, and that there's nothing wrong with u, and just try to concentrate on slow deep breathing / try to drift away mentally from the situation

I'v been so bad after a 3 day bender that i had to crawl along the walls to get to the bathroom coz i was so dizzy, felt like my legs wern't even mine, had no depth perception (opening doors was a mind freak) etc etc,

its all about mental state, i find that two pints usually calms me down enuf to socialize with people , probably not a good habit tho !

7. Moskit

The sleeping one will be an off-shoot of the other anxiety/breathing one I reckon mate...

Its that feeling of relaxation going to sleep, then in the back of your head you think of it, then that triggers it maybe!?

I reccomend Paul McKennas book on improving your memory & controlling the obscurities of the brain.

Proper helped me man, loads of simple techniques that you can apply to bare situations to relieve or in time cure that sort of shit. ;)

8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

hmmm, i do think he is a wanker but it is amazing what the mind can do! maybe i will look into this book?

9. DontLikeCops

DontLikeCops Certified tramp

I recommend that book too if you cant sleep, its quite a heavy book so if you beat you self on the head with it hard enough you should be counting sheep

10. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I get panic attacks (on the occasion) and fookin hate them, not as much as I used to, I used to be on anti anxiety tabs aswell, years ago like but they just made me worse somehow, I only self medicate now : ) Ethix do you still want some medicine btw?

11. BDS

BDS Active Member

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  12. Moskit

BDS delivers, I can vouch :)

13. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Man up ya woofters.

14. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

I get the sleeping one most nights, and as others have said if I'm hungover/coming down I get it quite a lot during the day time. I'm fairly certain mine stemmed from when I used to smoke weed a ridiculous amount, and used to happen quite a lot during the daytime now, though that seems like a rare occurance these days. Wank all round though,

15. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

i've had panic disorder since i was about 20. i used to cane it big time from when i was 15 so i suppose that did the damage.
    i've had psychotherapy, hypnotherapy and spent 7 years on high doses of seroxat. they all helped but none were a cure.
    you just need to teach yourself how to counteract them.
    the psychotherapy route will teach you breathing techniques and cognative behavioural therapy, which is basically rationalising your thoughts that there really isn't anything to worry about.
    hypnotherapy will install that sense of well being into your subconcious.
    the drugs route can help but there is a lot of shit that comes with it. for instance, seroxat supressed my desire to eat and i got really skinny. had sleep problems, hard to kip then hard to wake up.
    they increase your serotonin levels, and seem a bit like weak e's but without the glowing feeling. i'd feel perky and i found myself gritting my teeth a lot. it helped my heart rate stay consistant and supressed any panic to a minimum, but i had trouble coming off them. got horrible side effects with big mood swings. also drinking alcohol and doing chop with it is a big risk, it really does fuck you up. so be careful if you go this route, ethix.

16. Gumby

Gumby New Member

ive been suffering anxiety pretty badly over the last few weeks. its 100% because of work. i am stressed to the max and its starting to have a physical effect on my body. chest pains, shortness of breath, migraines.

i just drove home from work and cried uncontrolably the whole way home which is completely out of character, i never bloody cry.

work has ruined my life this year and im slipping into depression because of it.

my contract doesnt expire until december.... FFFUUUUUUUU

FML

17. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

same thing for me... since my job has moved further away, and the pressure to meet deadlines has trippled (they were verging unreasonable anyway) i have found the stress has caused something akin to depression in me...

but fuck FML, i rule, so itz ok!

18. Gumby

Gumby New Member

thats the spirit!!

19. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Sometimes health can be more important than work peeps

20. Gumby

Gumby New Member

i completely agree, but like i said, my contract doesnt end until december...

reckon i should try and quit? i really am miserable.

edit: i hate quitting though.... dammit.