Paleo, Vegan, Veggie, 5:2, intermittent, warrior ...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Apr 10, 2015.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

all diet's to thos in the know..

is anyone on here on any of these, or experimenting.

im tempted with a paleo diet. giving up on grains we cant digest and dairy that's no good for us. altho pasta and rice i do enjoy but i hear good things from alot of people about how much energy and how good they feel after cutting out gluten / wheat etc on the paleo diet.

it seems ironic that i took the piss the other day actually about going vegan while traveling.. anyway, i'm a runner and i was always under the impression i need my oats and heavy carb ups for energy, but after reading ' finding ultra ' and ' eat and run ' and following a few vegan and paleo athletes on facebook etc i realize this is not right and the carbs can quite easily come from other sources. i might add legumes / lentils / beans , now and then to the paleo diet.. i wont be overly strict with it but use it as a frame work. people still consume lentils and what not on it to good effect, as long as they are prepared properly and not overly eaten..

to loose weight i did some intermittent dieting last year, i ate in a 6 hour window which was plenty really, rode to work and had breakfast at 11:30am and dinner by 5:30pm and then nothing for the remaining 18 hours...

not very waffle post so im really expecting a good old fashioned ETHOCKS NOOB from karlos.

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

fine, but not cos you said it. im doing this because some other reason.

your a dong. but tonys in town and isnt taking my calls! what the shitting crap

3. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

not really into healthy eating/ diets myself (put enough chemicals in my body to give a fuck what I'm eating haha) but my mates dad is vegan and he says he gets most of the stuff he needs from marmite and he seems healthy, got something in it that gives you same nutrients as meat or something like that apparently

4. logikz

yeah that seems about right. marmite got all you need. legit imo.

Dannyboy93 and Harry3 like this.
  5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I hunt all my food with a spear.

6. logikz

did you ever throw it through your head

7. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Yeah I see the temptation, especially if you do get an energy boost... I want to eat better myself, and really cutting out carbs is the most effective method of loosing weight. I have to say though I just love food too much to go paleo, cutting out dairy... eeee.. just not sure I could.

I've been giving it all this for ages now about trying a veggie month... so will have to give that a go at some point, but living at home at the moment.. can't really just inform the rest of the family that they've gotta join me... maybe you should try paleo for a month and see?

8. logikz

maybe you should try to go two weeks without losing my food man and then well discusss girls hoohoo------------rr

9. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

Everyone I know that tried paleo said how good it was for about 4 weeks, then they gave up because obviously eating the delicious things that we make are much better than being a hipster

10. EWOKS

yeah... clearly a cheeseburger with a perfect brioche burger bun is better than a cheese burger with no bun. that's what it boils down to. are you gunna be a complete spic at your mates bbq or not.

11. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

I used to do that as a kid, would go with the fam to our local fast food eaterie, strip the meat, eat said meat on its own, who knew, I wasn't being picky, I was being paleo! I would love to try all these things, still trying to work myself up to eating a bit of lettuce. There was some woman on the telly saying if you dont eat 10 different foods you're a spaz. I'm a spaz :( Still holding out hope for a S+V Squares/Bourbons diet plan, I'll be good then

dizzledee likes this.
  12. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Oh, for Paleo, have a look at Joe Rogan's podcast, I think Mike Dolce is the guy who was a big proponent of the Paleo diet, and Rogan talks a lot about it on his thing. The Mike Dolce fella is a food guy for MMA dudes, so for energy, am sure his methods wont be lacking!

13. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

I guess you'd end up having to justify yourself to every muva (I'd certainly be lining up) and you'd invevitably become 'that guy'.... there in lies the problem with alternative life styles.

14. EWOKS

indeed... but if yourf reason is optimum fitness and you want to a run a sub 3 hour marathon and get a good iron man time then youve got good reason.. tewky, yeah paleo is a great diet for athletes supposedly.. which is why i wanna give it a whirl.. try and improve my overall fitness and running times.. ill check out that podcast.. ive listened to a few joe rogans hes a good lad... knows his shit.. stays open minded.. ill check that podcast asap..

15. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

he is really good buddies with that Mike Dolce, so he has been on as a guest a few times now I think. Good to look through a list of his guests and what they talk about for old stuff, as he has other guests that talk interesting stuff about nutrition especially for sportsmen!