Pads/leads/synths

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
I've searched around on youtube and google and stuff, but haven't found any decent pads tutorials. I'm so bad at making pads and synths it's just sad, so what do you use to make pads and synths and all of that business, and how?

I know this question has probably been asked 100 times before, so sorry :|

I guess I'll make a tutorial. Unless someone already knows more than me.

can you make a trumpet sound? Then you could blow on it :teeth:

It will have to be an analogue hardware trumpet though. It might smell a bit as he'll be blowing through his ass! :teeth:

You have to be careful with pads as they tend to take up a lot of the frequency spectrum so selective EQing is a must.

It will have to be an analogue hardware trumpet though. It might smell a bit as he'll be blowing through his ass! :teeth:

You have to be careful with pads as they tend to take up a lot of the frequency spectrum so selective EQing is a must.

ah yes, then he will get the analogue hardware to make a version of a pink oboe.
:teeth:
But yeh, back to the pads...

What type of pad would you like to make? Dark, uplifting, twisting etc??

And what are you using in the way of synths?
Can you work with audio?

Stretching out any sound and running it through fx can give some pretty cool (often strange) paddish sounds.

I try and make a mixture just to see if I can, but I can't :rinsed:
Dark would be nice, liquid ones too as you can't really have liquid without pads, and finally the ones at the start of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSxZoXCDtc
ones which sound like the one in most of the tracks on Grow Your Wings would be nice too.

So essentially, nothing in particular, just making pads in general :teeth:

Cool I'm on it. Might take a few days Using hardware but I'll write the tutorial for both.

Yes, yes you can take the piss I'm using hardware.

Back
Top Bottom