Pad Interaction

Mango-

Mercury Eater
How can get I my pad to sound right with my drumloop?
I know everyone is going to say "learn some theory?"
But what do I actually need to know?
Cheers

gives us an example of what you're talking about man...
It just sounds like the pad should be in a classical piece instead of drum and bass.
So I spose time and tune.
I have been looking at different scales and trying to understand a bit more but..... still sounds like 2 different bits of music playing at the same time.

well, wither adapt your drums to the sample or the sample to the drums? you could have a phat as fuck classical sample and a phat as fuck drum loop, but it doesn't guarantee they will be phat as fuck together?

I dont really know what sounds work well together finding that quite hard
I also dont know where to put the notes

Last edited:
hmm - well try finding bits you like - say the drums then just add little bits of the pad - play around until it sounds more together.
You can add some reverb to make it sound fuller/further away etc
OR - abandon the pad and try another one.

sounds pretty good to me, they work good together methinks......
i see what your saying about that little bell ringing sound and i almost think it might sound better without it or maybe just not as often

I liked the first one better, i noticed you added more of those spaceship type phaser sounds this time
I think the simpler sounding one was better

I liked the first one better, i noticed you added more of those spaceship type phaser sounds this time
I think the simpler sounding one was better

I only messed about with the bells,
obviously the bells do something then,
they take you ears away from the spaceships

thats fine mate. i do prefer the 2nd clip better, but i couldnt say that either are "wrong". keep at it mate and try not to overthink things. :)

You know what I think that might be the problem.

I dont know where to go now, thats 32 bars, I need to vary it and make it interesting
and its time for the drop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom