OXYGEN - liquid(ish)

hahah sorry - tbh i haven't started producing yet so i never really know what to say about the tracks but i gotta say i can't rele find much wrong with it not rele feeling that synth sound after the drop though (if that's what it is!)

Sometimes I think the best feedback is from someone that is just a listener, and not a producer. You dont get bogged down with the technical jargon, and purely use your love of the music to gauge whats good or not.

As for the synth, you mean the beep type sound right?

I find the melody you have used is good
Your drum kit sounds like it should be part of a jump up tune including your pattern
i think the bottom of the track should be cut down a little also , it sounds very boomy
at 3.15 your outro sounds more liquid than anything
your choice of sounds are good though and i enjoyed listening to it

Drums are a little different but loud enough, pad is a little soft(quiet), panning is very nice (surround like), synth follows bassline; gives it a clearer, crisper feel. Short but sweet, but IMO too short.
I hate writers block, it the one thing that makes a song so noticable you're trying hard to get something out.
Nice track, a little sporatic, and not really much of a direction but nice. :)
Keep it up,
The good stuff will come back :)
Steve

I'd want more dynamics overall, and the low end is defo clogging up breathing space. The snare doesn't seem to have an attack, and the bass seems muddy overall. The bass and drums work well when it's that squarey synth. If this was in a club, the breakdown wouldn't feel like it would bring me down into relaxation and preparation for the drop, so fix that.

Wow, this is excellent so far.

Sounds are great. Works musically. Lots of layers. The kick snare pattern is good. Mix in general sounds wicked.

I don't think the sub is 'boomy', I like it. Perhaps when everything comes together the kick loses a bit of presence on headphones, but on monitors it sounded ok. (perhaps just double check on a few systems)

The kick rolls you used in the little build ups do sound a bit bland, if you could vary some of them, add a couple of original touches it would be an improvement for my ears. (Taste)

Over-all the structure sounds pretty WIP, not sure how far along you are with that. Could obviously be longer, and the right change up/extra layers on the second drop will be great.

Nice work.

like the sounds in here, think the kick could do with some compression or something to make it a bit snappier sounds pretty massive. think the high end of the bass could come down a bit n could u get away with a note underneath? like how its sort of driving/swaying though. at 1.27 section you cant really here those little synth bits, you could make them a bit bolder and u could even add another cheeky melody synth line over the top, seems like a good spot to do it, just a thought. blazed...

dude this sounds absolutly great... favourite track ive heard from you so far. cleaner and simpler and sounds alot more punctuated. wicked.

Back
Top Bottom