Overheating laptop

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
My laptop decided to just turn itself off without warning, for the 4th time in a week, so i installed speccy to see wagwarn...and well.....this....

i think i need a new PC.

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
lets turn this into a what new laptop / pc deals are about .. and good sites other than ebuyer/amazon .. coz i need a new pc aswell ...

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
lets turn this into a what new laptop / pc deals are about .. and good sites other than ebuyer/amazon .. coz i need a new pc aswell ...
laptop - ebuyer, amazon etc.

PC - save yourself a fortune and build it yourself, not hard, the pieces fit together like lego

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
right. well my laptop over heats sometimes. usually becos the vent that hot air comes out of is covered up by something. maybe look into that.

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
prob is fucked then. mine over heats wen im playin football manager.. n the fan is goin full blast tryna cool it down.. i have it hangin off the sofa so it can cool down properly

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
WHO GIVES A FUCK BLAD MACS ARE FOR PRICKS GET OUT THE CAR THINK I WAS LOOK AT THE SKY BLAD?!?!? CLEAR STAR

D

dirty breaks

obligatory predictable statement concerning OP's choice of portable computer/vagina and a statement ordering her to buy a Macintosh computer and some tampons.

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
Same thing happend to me. My laptop just turned itself off and the bottom was almost fryed it was that hot, Then i found this guy followed what he did and ive never had any problems with it since. True story

[video=youtube_share;FwmaszoRyHM]http://youtu.be/FwmaszoRyHM[/video]

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
Get some canned air and give the vents a seriously good air out.

Used to work for a contracter company that did IT support for schools and a bit of home user stuff on the side, if theyd come in saying theyre laptop was overheating and turning off we'd give it a good air out with canned air, hand it back to them the next day and charge £59.

Never once had a complaint cos it sorted it 100%.

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
It's most likely overheating because the fan is clogged with dust (unless the processor fan is just fucked). Do what Dedbult said and give it a spray with some air, or if you want to do a thorough job then open it up, take the fans out and clean all the dust out from there.