Drum & Bass Overdazed - Back off

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by overdazed, Nov 16, 2011.

1. overdazed

overdazed Real O.G.

feedback please

2. bansal321

bansal321 Member

hmmm i was liking the intro but im not so sure when it kicks in.... maybe the bass can have more swell on it to get a sharper sound? theres some good ideas but it sounds a little same-y by the end... good effort tho

3. Lucider

Lucider Member

Oh my, that intro is sick! Bring up the clicky drum fill business once it drops. Oh jeez, at 2:15 don't put those keys in there just to be different. I think I'd like it more without the "weird" chord progression, just a repeated major or minor chord would do and provide an excellent break from the crazy jump-up, really like it!

It's strange to say but I think the wobble could use more warmth in the mid-low range...crazy - the subbass seems to have some pretty high harmonics or something - I'd like to hear more of the 80 - 160Hz range in there somehow. I could be completely wrong BTW, I don't have a great ear for EQ balance.

nice track, love the contrasts.

-J.P.

4. xiu

xiu Member

yo !
    Good intro , nice atmos , I also like the reverb on the breaks in the intro . I think u could have given the bass more room in the mix . Maybe the percussions are too loud. Try to liste to your mix on as many sound systems as possible .
    EQ and compression can transform a good track into a great track !
    Well done, i like your track :)

Cheers, Xiu

5. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Nice intro,crazy beat,overall good sound keep it up!!

6. overdazed

overdazed Real O.G.

cheers mate for the feedback

what do you mean by swell?

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

thanks for the feedback,

theres a lowcutt on the lead , maybe its up too high, that could be why it miht need more warmth there

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

cheers for listening and feedback mate

i think it might be the hats that are too loud,

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

cheers mate :)