Over sensitive decks

S

Shauny.T.

I've got a big problem with my decks, their to fuck'in sensitive. The deck in question is the Gemini PT2100.

The main problem comes when you try and scratch on them, its just an absolute nightmare.

Does anybody else have this problem with this on this or any other deck?

:confused:

You just got to learn to adapt.
Loads of DJs learn to scratch on shitty decks.

Try making a slick underneath the slipmat thing by getting one of them inner sleeves with the layer of plastic inside. Cut the plastic out and make a slipmat shape out of it, do the same with newspaper (to eliminate any static) and put under the mat.
Makes a big difference!

Also with S shaped tone arms you can tilt your needle round so it points the way it would if your arm was straight (might need a ruler or something to get the angle right). This was in the packaging for them shure needles and works quite well on technics

Serum said:
Also with S shaped tone arms you can tilt your needle round so it points the way it would if your arm was straight (might need a ruler or something to get the angle right). This was in the packaging for them shure needles and works quite well on technics

I keep meaning to do this, as it's supposed to lock the stylus in even stronger, but fitting the carts to the headshell was torture enough! lol

Have you got yours at an angle? Does it make a great deal of difference?

For those that aren't aware, the angle that Shure recommend is 23° if my memory serves correctly..

inf0r said:
Have you got yours at an angle? Does it make a great deal of difference?

I use vestax so i don't need it on my decks but I used to do it when i had to demo decks and it does work.

DJ Lordward said:
iv heard that turning the stylus round 2 mimic a str8 arm deck can wear ur records & needles out quicker on S shape tonearms. sup 2 u tho!

The same thing happens with straight arm decks. But if your scratching you cant be too fussed about your records getting worn.

Also if you're using stantons or whatever upgrade to shure m44-7 needles, they're not much more expensive, sound great, they're the best for scratching and the kindest to your vinyl.

Ortofons are apparently the worst for your records so i hear

Back
Top Bottom