DnB Outside The Box - Jazz & Bass

this is serious man, one of your best bits yet! so jazzy! the only thing i would change, is the drums just before the drop. maybe high pass them away subtley and then drop back in, just a thought. other than that its sounding wicked!

Thanks man. I didn't have a great deal of time today, so wanted to get a clip up to gage some feeling for it before going back in. I'll def try it out and see how it sounds. Wanted to chop the drums up a bit more too

In love with this vibe and bass! I agree with Cartel, how about u could get some halftime funky acoustic drums in there? just a thought!
Awesome job mate!!

Really good stuff bro! I'd say the drums need a bit of tweeking. Maybe a bit more minimal and I agree with Cartel that they should pass away and come back in before the drop.

Will definitely be all ears for a download when you finish this ;)

Cool vibes man! It feels kind of unusual for me to listen to. But I can dig it, those piano and bass licks are just so nice! I have to agree with the remark about the drums. It feels like it doesn't have the same 'swing' to it as the rest of the tune has.

Thanks man.. I've updated it now, and tried to take the suggestions on board.. Filtered the beats, and gave them the little chop that i was going to.. :)

I like the drums don't change them. Super funky, well done, and it has some soul. Awesome tune man.

i think the stillness of that horse face from that picture in your sig really shows how i feel bout this.. Jaws wide open.... Tears of joy streaming down my face! This is sooo beautifull... LMAO im not really crying but that's how i feel brother about this!!! Amazing job! Shared! ;) <3

awesome vibe man :) dig the feel and the instruments and etc... a couple pointers

the drums - maybe intentional but the hats are horribly messy and are out with the main drum hits but again the jazz vibe maybe u were looking for that
the bass - or may i say what bass... i think u need more bass parts and maybe bigger heavier? again my opinion

Thanks for all of the feedback peeps, really means a lot.. I think it's pretty much how i want it now, so sent it to a few labels - Hospital and Good looking, why not aim high haha. With the messy hats, it was slightly intentional, i didnt want it all to be massively quantised, so it kept an almost live feel.. Although, i didn't think they were too messy?

Once again thank you for all the comments

Thanks for all of the feedback peeps, really means a lot.. I think it's pretty much how i want it now, so sent it to a few labels - Hospital and Good looking, why not aim high haha. With the messy hats, it was slightly intentional, i didnt want it all to be massively quantised, so it kept an almost live feel.. Although, i didn't think they were too messy?

Once again thank you for all the comments

Hey man everyone has their ideas! You gotta just hold strong to them! I love every single last bit of this tune... Nothing sounded off to me! Remember everyone, that music is and was never intended to be made one single way, one specific purpose! :)

Thats really good man, you should send it to Funkstuff recordings if it doesn't get picked up by any major label :)

Back
Top Bottom