Outlook 2016

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Thinking of going this year however, it's looking like it's going to be a pricey affair.

Anyone here been before and able recommend best place to fly to from the UK (ideally Manchester)?

Also how long the transfers etc take...

Also, how quickly do you have to vacate the festival camp site once it has finished?

I camped last time I went and loved it, I went from Tuesday to Tuesday, also I booked it through the outlook website so camping transfers etc was all included (thought it was a pretty good package tbh)

with the camping though does depend if you like your comfort, I'm not too bothered so was partying pretty much the whole week plus if you are camping that's where all the interesting shit goes down ;)

If I can get the money together might see you out there, huge line up!

been twice and unless you're lucky with cheap flights to the croatian airports, by far the cheapest was flying to venice and getting an outlook transfer there. Takes like 3 hours.

camping is really not that bad, just make sure you arrive early enough to get somewhere with a bit of shade from about 8/9 in the morning when the sun comes up. If not we just used to go down to the beach and sleep there cos it had a bit of breeze. Showers etc are really good, queues in the morning are long but if you wait until the arvo i never queued for more than 10 mins. Leaving is pretty relaxed there are regular transfer from 9am on the monday morning until tues/weds i think.

Been the last three years, stayed in a villa first time, camped the previous two- much preferred camping because you meet a better variety of people, better atmosphere etc. but the home comforts were definitely better in the villa- so depends which you'd prefer. You can normally camp until the wednesday after the festival finishes on the Sunday.

And as mentioned before- flights to Venice are relatively cheap and transfer is about £40 for a four hour journey which isn't as bad as it sounds, would recommend spending a night in Venice either before or after the festival whilst you're in the neighbourhood.

Said I wasn't going to go again having been so many times but:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-27%20at%2002.28.28.png

Thanks for the replies! Think I will look into flying to Venice.

What's the crack with the Opening Concert, will I need to bag tickets for this relatively quickly or can I hold of a little while?

Thinking of going this year however, it's looking like it's going to be a pricey affair.

Anyone here been before and able recommend best place to fly to from the UK (ideally Manchester)?

Also how long the transfers etc take...

Also, how quickly do you have to vacate the festival camp site once it has finished?

Fly to Venice then get a transfer coach - journey takes about 3 hours or so with a stop or two thrown in

Get a group of you and get a villa.... I went in 2014 and split a villa between 3 of us for about 170 quid each for 7 days (i think). It was only a 10 minute walk from the festival site. Also, if you do get villa go and get cheap booze from the supermarket which is a lot easier on the wallet. We managed to sneak in a fair bit to the site to, but they do search on the way in and can occasionally be militant about it

Also.... get tickets for a boat party. I did 2 out there and they were both wicked, especially the daytime ones when it's mad hot

Booked my tickets for festival and opening concert.

Hopefully see a few people there!!

What sort of temperatures we talking early September?

Depends...it's usually hot as fuck during the day. I went 3 years ago and 3 nights before the festival started were always the same - huge storm, massive raining, thunder ramming all night. The opening night of the festival - no more storms. And it was proper summery till the very last day.

Depends...it's usually hot as fuck during the day. I went 3 years ago and 3 nights before the festival started were always the same - huge storm, massive raining, thunder ramming all night. The opening night of the festival - no more storms. And it was proper summery till the very last day.

Booked an apartment anyway. Will be 30 by then, fuck camping! I need a bed!

Anyone flown into Marco Polo airport before? We land at 17:00 on 30/08/2016 and there is a transfer at 17:30. Just wondering if we will have time to collect luggage and go through passport checks etc.. before the transfer leaves? Or should we just wait until the later transfer at 23:00?

I'm gna fly in the same day man I would of thought half hour is cutting it fine man..
I'm gna leave at lease an 2 hours between landing and coach incase of delays etc..
Probably see u out there bro!!

I emailed Outlook and they said it should give us sufficient time unless there is a delay but delay could easily be a few hours anyway.

Boat party question - Can you take your own alcohol? Or do you have to spend a fortune at a bar? Are you even allowed on if you're smashed?

everything at the festival is tokens iirc - its a bit annoying but apparently theyve had people nicking tills from bars in the past. It's not that bad but something like 3.5-4 quid a pint. Don't think they care if you're smashed as long as you have your shit together.

Boat party question - Can you take your own alcohol? Or do you have to spend a fortune at a bar? Are you even allowed on if you're smashed?

yeah they don't care if your smashed as long as you can hold your shit together but can't bring alcohol into the main festival bit (when I went they were searching people for alcohol going from the camp to the festival)

That being said whack some white spirits in a water bottle or mix something with coke and you should be fine

That being said whack some white spirits in a water bottle or mix something with coke and you should be fine

What's worst that can happen? Take it off you an bin it?

Also on subject of disallowed substances.... How easy is it to get other substances in the festival? Also are they worth purchasing?

Back
Top Bottom