Outlook 2012

I'll never forget this boat party...

[video=youtube_share;CHtApkgMjOI]http://youtu.be/CHtApkgMjOI[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Was my first time going to Outlook, loved it! Shame the weather wasnt great but still was a great time. Friction was definitely the highlight for me, absolutely killed it, possibly the best set I've seen and was pretty surreal pissing it down with rain and raving in some really long yellow raincoat. Shogun boat party was also such good vibes

Andy was the biggest letdown for me. Played the same intro and outro he has been for the past few months, mostly the same mixes hes been rinsing, and played some fucking awful tunes. Really, who wants to hear Crush on you Knife Party remix, let alone at Outlook!? His sets over the past few months have almost been tune for tune the same, I hate to say it but its starting to get very boring. Watching Andy always used to be amazing as you never could guess what he was going to do next, I never thought I would be standing watching his sets and mostly knowing what tune was coming next, very boring and predictable :-/

Was my first time going to Outlook, loved it! Shame the weather wasnt great but still was a great time. Friction was definitely the highlight for me, absolutely killed it, possibly the best set I've seen and was pretty surreal pissing it down with rain and raving in some really long yellow raincoat. Shogun boat party was also such good vibes

Andy was the biggest letdown for me. Played the same intro and outro he has been for the past few months, mostly the same mixes hes been rinsing, and played some fucking awful tunes. Really, who wants to hear Crush on you Knife Party remix, let alone at Outlook!? His sets over the past few months have almost been tune for tune the same, I hate to say it but its starting to get very boring. Watching Andy always used to be amazing as you never could guess what he was going to do next, I never thought I would be standing watching his sets and mostly knowing what tune was coming next, very boring and predictable :-/

Agree with this based on a set I saw a few weeks ago. For a guy that has access to pretty much every single tune in the drum & bass universe he only plays the same ones over and over.

Incredible 4 days - well 5 actually as the beach party was running on the Monday for all the mess heads to carry on partying. Incredible vibes all round. Managed to catch most of the artists I wanted to see aswell as discovering a few new ones which was good. The soul:ution night in the moat was probably the highlight of the festival for me - Dub phizix followed by Calibre was incredible, the sound system in that particular venue was rocking. Tbh most of the systems were on point minus the main stage, which kinda ruined Andy c, S.p.y & especially Enei as that was the first time I've managed to see him.play.

Sick vibes all round from all festival goers. I found most people were British, met so many sound people. The food wsexcellent too. Got a burger for 40kuna, was sorta expecting a shitty kebab van burger but was pleasently suprised with what I got served. Will hopefully go again ,next year. Still in Croatia at the moment. cabt wait to geyback home the people are rude and have horrible.b.o. very beautiful.country though would.reccomend to visit.

Got a couple of videos of Friction...

I hope someone this set was recorded as my memory is hazy and i'd love to hear it again

Wow!! Was that Aztec + True Romance + Back to your Roots? Right in the end of the second video? Sick.

Agreed was one the of the best moments, his set was absolutely fucking huge... seeing the whole shogun crew on stage having it out made it that much better.

Wow!! Was that Aztec + True Romance + Back to your Roots? Right in the end of the second video? Sick.

was one of the many many ridiculous mixes

Got videos i need to upload but this was one of my best momemnts, one of the last tunes at the end of Icicle B2B Ant TC1. Perfect
finish

Ignore the video quality looks bare weird since i uploaded it to youtube
[video=youtube_share;vNaTlr-gJtc]http://youtu.be/vNaTlr-gJtc[/video]

Last edited:
Just got back today! Was a ridiculous week!!

Managed to see pretty much everyone that i wanted, but the shogun night was tooooooo much. Friction played the sickest set i have seen from him, was just a beast on the decks. Icicle should be knighted for his performances over the festival after playing 5 sets! He was on another planet during the shogun night, so many rollersssssss! Survival just rinsed out so many forthcoming album tunes as well... cant wait for that to drop!

Managed to see Andy too but his set was shite... but SPY and Enei destroyed it after :)

Saw Calibre & Klute at the Moat and it was going off, vibes all round. Bladerunner also smashed it on the last night in the moat! Ant TC1 and Icicle ended with Nasty Ways and it went off silly. Saw loads of other people in the dungeon too, such a sick little venue the whole fort complex.

I cant recommend this festival enough though. The Thursday before it rained was one of the best days of my life in terms of sick weather, vibes and music. Was a shame about the weather but can't wait to go back next year!

headz boat party was too much, goldie inviting everyone into the dj booth was immense with everyone smashing on the ceiling reminded me of how it used to be down at the end, wicked vibes

incredible 10 days.
Critical boat party on the first night was absolutely insane, great vibes
Metalheadz dockside straight after with Dbridge b2b Jubei w/ SP was killer, so many tunes played, Calyx and Teebee then proceeded to destroy apart everything on 5 decks or something ridiculous...the incoming album will be immense if that is anything to go by.
The stages and various venues were also incredible, the Moat has to be by far and away one of the greatest places to have a rave, Calibre was a huge highlight down in the mud in the moat, Shes on Fire remix got played which was incredible, Survival & Silent Witness rinsed out one disgusting set shortly after that, some crazy dub was reloaded towards the end that had a few of us at our knees.
The Saturday was my personal favourite, Metalheadz boat party was something else, a history lesson if anything, I was extremely caked by this point and after an hour or so was having a tactical chunder to try and get back going again. Dbridge's set was something else, cant wait to see the pictures from that.
Then back to Shogun Audio at the dockside, which surpassed all my expectations. Icicle's dubstep set, Alix Perez was on one, followed by Spectrasoul, who brought so much vibes in the pissing rain, Away with Me calibre remix got dropped and loads of us went absolutely crazy.
Even Friction didnt play any jump up until the end of his hour and a half and by then the whole of the dockside was sold, he had 3 decks going at once quite a few times. So glad that he didn't play a commercial set, and played a hardware esque style set from years gone by. Salute Friction you absolute badman.
Then we went and checked Congo Natty & Nancy in the B2B soundclash. If anyone was there and knows of the vibes you will understand. Nancy was mad on the mic. Unbelievable vibes. We headed back to Shogun to see Survival and trip out a bit on the lights on the dockside stage. Mad night.
Sunday was a bit of a blur tbh...I could go on forever about this 10 days. The dungeon with Gerra, Stone then Xtrah...Billain was sick for the last set in the dungeon.
The fact we got there Monday and went on a bender until the festival started was pretty cool, the apartments all 18 of us stayed in once the festival was finished was pretty mad aswell to potentially get some r&r but we ended up getting shitdrunk and reminiscing. Camping was funny as fuck even though it rained a shitload.
The soundsystems were incredible, having a mix at home just doesn't feel the same, I WANT MY OWN MOAT!!!!!

I'm pretty much 100% going back next year. Maybe a few tweaks to the flights as it wasnt a direct one either way.
Incredible time. Great vibes, Good company.

Literally sounds like a dream event to me. Going to make sure I save enough for next year...sounds incredible. Some buddies of mine ended up working on production staff some how, no idea about that. Don't even want to hear their stories when they come back, too much...

eljj9.jpg

35au1oz.jpg

fbff61.jpg

This was amazing. Got back on Wednesday, back to work today, and just about feel OK..

Highlights:

Mungo's Hi-Fi Boat Party on the first night was a great warm up. Metalheadz @ Dockside was large - Goldie was a nice surprise; dropping quite a few classics. Calyx & Teebee were fiya tho, how may dex was it? Ridiculous. Plus, they played a few older Calibre & Dilly bits..badmanz. Kenny Ken was the one on Main Stage doe..

Friday it pissed down with rain all day. Didn't care though, straight to the Moat and caught Calibre, Intalex & Klute. Calibre was special. Standing at the back of that feckin ridiculous Moat, hands in air, singing along to all the songs with vox like the munted idiot I was. Loved hearing Notting Hill on that system. I left the Moat to go and catch SPY on the main stage, who was amazing. Lovely night of music that.

Saturday was Jungle Clash ting! As StuSmith has said, this was large. Two massive soundsystems clasing with jungle choon afta choon. Congo Natty, Remarc, Nicky B...they all killed it. Got dragged away to see Survival @ Dockside towards the end though, and glad I did. The guy went in hard.

Sunday was all about the Moat for me. Audio Warfare oh gosh did you guys tear that Moat a new one. Serial Killaz & Nicky B were massive. But the highlights were definitely seeing Serum & Bladerunner (separate sets)....and...jeez. Wow. Plus, Serum played 'Keep it Raw', which is one of my fav tunes and it just went off. Madness. Finished off with Ant TC1 B2B Icicle on Main Stage; was better than I thought it was going to be. Was quite funny watching them two mix together tbh...little & large lol.

Lowlights:

None.

If you're thinking of going to this, you're already there. Just.Feckin.Go

Akala spat over jungle for about 10 minutes and I thought that was fucking sick, pretty much the first set at Outlook I got to. Played Shakespeare straight after which is one of my favourite tunes.

My week was pretty much the same as Spyto's, Metalheadz on the first night dockside was sick, Goldie then DBridge b2b Jubei. Think I went to the mainstage after, for Iration Steppas, wanted to stay for Kenny Ken and Eksman but my mates couldnt handle it. Was pretty gutted.

Friday started off with a bit of Funtcase and Rudimental's whole set in the clearing. I know some promoters who said Rudimental throws down a sick DJ set, so I was quite curious and gave it a listen, wasnt dissapointed, guy knows his tunes, played jungle, garage, dnb, nice dubstep, bit of a house, alsorts. If anyone else was there they will know what I mean, one of the sets of the week for me. To make it even better saw Phaeleh straight after, absolutely mindblowing. Went to see Andy C after that, was pretty dissapointed, but SPY and Enei made up for it. Only pisstake was I didnt get to see Zinc. Tryed to get into the moat that night for Dub Phizix and Calibre, but couldnt be longed with queueing.

Saturday went straight to Friction, probably best set of the week. Saw DMZ and Joker after that, fucking sick. Then as if the night couldnt get any better I spent the rest of it at the Jungle Soundclash, straight vibes there. Went into the fort for a break from the jungle, for a bit of Logan Sama and Newham Generals. Would definitely say this was the best night for me, Jungle Soundclash was euphoric.

Sunday I was still buzzing from the jungle from the night before so went to Serial Killaz and Nicky Blackmarket in the moat, was insane. Wanted to stay for Serum but my mates know the MC's Nancy and Phoebe for Congo Natty so was dragged to go and see that, and it was so weak. To make up for it though Marky absolutely smashed it and then Icicle and Ant TC1 fucking tore it up after. Listening to Atlantis as the last tune of the festival just as the sun was coming up pretty much made it for me.

Apparently Croatia are joining the euro in July 2013 so my mates are unsure about going next year, sucks.

I gotta say I wouldn't have survived it in my old age, but am insanely jealous reading alot of these stories & havin seen alot of photos.

Sounds utterly amazing...

Back
Top Bottom