OUTKAST - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by jay walker, Oct 3, 2003.

1. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Outkast dropped their fifth studio album at the start of the week - a double CD titled Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.
    each cd represents what Big Boi (SpeakerBoxxx) and Andre (love below) have to offer the world in regards to Hip hop with a hybrid of styles,
    always on a different level, always funky!

The album features tracks with Ludacris, jay z, Kelis, Slim Cutter Calhoon, Killer Mike, Goodie Mob (Big Gipp/Cee-lo/Khujo), Sleepy Brown an Norah Jones
    Standout tracks on Speakerboxxx: - GhettoMusick, The Rooster, War, Church, Toom of Boom, FlipFlop Rock, Knowing.
    Standout tracks on The Love Below: - Spead, hey ya, Roses, Behold a Lady, Pink & Blue.

The Big Boi cd will appeal alot more to New Outkast listeners with its catchy upbeat numbers an featured artists, the Andre cd is on more of a spiritual-sexual-journey dripping in soul.

I was pinning alot on this album ( as i did with Stankonia), an Outkast have satisfied once again! I think there will be more of a right-time-right-mood for the Adre album, But I see Speakerboxxx getting heavy rotation!

Startin out with Southernplayalistic in the early 90’s, each album since has stamped a chapter in groundbreaking albums imo.
    Never jumpin on bandwagons, an never being afraid to experiment!

If you dont own Aquimini or Stankonia - you are depriving yourself, of what I would probably say is the best group in Hip Hop!

2. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

I heard Church last night & Big Boi is still killing th mic. Radio 1 done a quick fire sample of each track on SpeakerBoxx & they still haven't lost any of that Southern Fried Funk. Im a massive fan of Andre, & I know he's always a little deeper in thought than his counterpart he still rhymes as tight today as he did way back on tracks like Synthesier, Wheelz of Steel, & Art of Storytellin' (Pt. 1) .
    Looking forward to this!!

3. junglebug

junglebug New Member

yeah, this album already hit gold - half mill sold in a week...

and hey ya is #1 on TRL.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

dont for get ATLiens y'ear

5. jay walker

ATLiens is a hot album - but for some dumb-ass reason the European (maybe only UK) release was edited with all the “offensive material” silenced - I thought maybe it was due to the a clean reputation of other artists that were on Arista label at the time of the ATLiens release (TLC, Usher, Toni Braxton)? Who knows?

4 or 5 people i know have bought this an all are the same edited copies!

6. junglebug

junglebug New Member

y'ear

Atliens is def my fave.

7. Jerel

Jerel Yer mom

Nice lookin out. All the albums have kicked serious shit, although I must say I didn't care for Stankonia quite as much as the other 3. I'll havta check this one out.

8. jay walker

I tip my pimp hat in honour of Hey Ya! - Funk-laced Beatles-stylee!