OUT NOW: Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Close

Techniqueoffice

OUT NOW: Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Close

Taken from their forthcoming album, ‘Close’ is the follow up to the massive hit single and Radio One favourite ‘Freak’.
Mixes from Mensah & Jacob Plant.

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/close-ep/id452031881

D&BS’s epic journey continues with 'Close' - which renders you almost breathless from the start, with its hefty arrangement of urgent beats, brilliant hook and super-charged dub. Rave music for the future, and with a mammoth-sized remix from Mensah to boot, you can bet your cotton socks these won’t be going anywhere for a very long time.

Drumsound & Bassline Smith have enjoyed an impressive career that’s seen them remain at the top of the D&B scene for over a decade. Keeping busy mixing motorways with airport lounges across the globe, whilst managing their label Technique Recordings that is well into its second decade of killer dancefloor joints. On the production front, their remix credentials include the likes Afrojack, Utah Saints, Blame and VV Brown with the guys often enjoying Radio One plays courtesy of Annie Mac, Zane Lowe, Fabio & Grooverider and Annie Nightingale, Kiss 100's DJ Hype + All the Drum & Bass A list Dj's..

Radio 1 B-Listed, 1Xtra A List & with support from Zane Lowe,Annie Mac & Mistajam who made Close JAM HOT record of the week.

So turn up the volume and get ready as ‘Close’ destroys festivals and dancefloors across the globe this summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is an absolute banger of a tune. Going to destroy dance floors. Big up technique.. Still waiting for the release of the Utah Jazz remix which is even bigger
IMO !

to me the song had potential. the main vocal hook is ace but with that b-line? nah, cheesey and not brilliant imo. massive remix potential though

No doubt it's a good tune, same sorta vibe that ds+bs have allways had but maybe a little more radio friendly? At least we're seeing a better representation of dnb on radio.
Although my thoughts on dnb going 'mainstream' remains the same, great for the artists, shit for the fans.

Back
Top Bottom