DnB Our Helical Mind - analogftw EP

ourhelicalmind

Analogue Electronica!
Hi folks,

I'm Shep from Our Helical Mind. Not your typical Drum & Bass artist...

Our Helical Mind are a 2-piece Nottingham based outfit. We produce live Drum & Bass, Dubstep, Bass music & HipHop grooves with nothing more than an acoustic drum kit and a bass guitar (plus a couple of effects pedals!).
No sequencers, no samplers, no DJ's, no decks... and not a Laptop in sight! Real Analogue Electronica!

Check out our music at -
www.ourhelicalmind.co.uk

Follow us -
www.facebook.com/ourhelicalmind
Twitter: @ourhelicalmind

Last edited:
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback. As we are just a 2-piece instrumental act, any vocals/MC'ing are done by guests and either improv' at a live show or for a release, as are the 2 tracks with vocals on the recordings. I think over the last 12 months, the tracks we have chosen to put out as a release have been based on the local trend of listeners and as such the 'harder' DnB stuff has not made it onto the recording (yet). Neon Tangerine, BigDug etc have sprinklings of that vibe and Get Money! is closer to a Dubstep track.

Despite the recordings have a slightly more electro/funk/breakbeat/hip-hop groove, we still constantly get referred to as Drum & Bass or Dubstep where ever and when ever we play. I guess the feedback from others has stuck on how we describe ourselves! Very good to get fresh prospective on it though!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom