Other kinds of music u produce

Quartus

Do you produce other stuff aswell?
My horizon of things I want to produce has always been so huge (Electro, Dubstep, Dnb, TripHop, Movie Soundtracks...)

I got a few Synonyms:
Quartus Saul = Dubstep, Drum'n'bass
Quartus = Soulful HipHop
Lucius Apphia = IDM
Gilbèrt Dupieux = Electro/House

For sure, my most important one is Quartus saul, but sometimes, I need to make a pause of DnB and DS.

Tell me what kinds of other stuff you produce and post some stuff.

Hope you got some.

Ssome nonamed Techno, House: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_8lCD0aQC0 (Still like the part round 1:18)
The first HipHop Track I made and rapped: http://www.zshare.net/audio/7556651309d0ab52/ (Shitty snare)
Here is my Electro DJing stuff: www.myspace.com/millerelectromusic (Dj often in Clubs under this one, french scene)
And my HipHop Site: www.myspace.com/quartusmusic

THIS IS NO ADVERTISEMENT FOR MY MUSIC!!!
I just want to show what other music I do, and more important for me is what other kinds u do!

Cheers and exited waiting for some stuff of you.

Last edited:
dnb and dubstep an random other bits
all links are in my sig

Lucius Apphia = IDM

I really hate when people use that term as a genre. All dance/electronic music is intelligent in its own way. As a producer you must realise that it takes skill to make a good tune in any genre.

Personally I like makin anything, mainly drum n bass, bit of grime/dubstep, ambient, as well as remixes of other genres.

This might sound crazy (on dnbforum) but my drum and bass is terrible that's why I joined, to rape people's knowledge. Up to now I've made a couple drum and bass tunes, mostly dubstep, some funky/housey style tunes, bits of hip hop. But yeah dubstep is the only style I can create, finish and be happy with so far

I produce mainly Dubstep and House. Occasionally I'll make some DnB, but it's not my first choice. A few things I've done I'm not sure what to call.

I've also been increasingly drawn to Halfstep/Halftime DnB of late (Drumstep you might call it, but I hate the term.)

I've also been increasingly drawn to Halfstep/Halftime DnB of late (Drumstep you might call it, but I hate the term.)

I know exactly what you mean mate, like making dubstep at 170? I'm starting to really like it too, but drum step? Worst name for anything ever in my humble opinion but whatever, to me it's drum and bass without a drum and bass break. I remember when I first started hearing it in sets a few years ago I was dead against it for some reason, the sound didn't agree with me but it's really grown on me now

I really hate when people use that term as a genre.

Oh mate, for sure most music is intelligent.
But IDM is nowadays a term for a genre. IDM is IDM to me (µ.ziq, Autechre, Clarc, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Jackson and his Computer Band)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_dance_music

Can YOU give me another expression for that music of those artists?

BIW: I hate giving each kind of music in its own genre. But I've never found another expression for IDM

Don't be a hater.

Hey kama,
great you postet some tracks. That's what I wanted, to collect some files of your other stuff.

The first one is great. Really 80's Testarossa Miami Vice like. Love that old Harold Faltermeyer and Jan Hammer stuff.
Number 2: I don't like techno, not my style.
Number 3: Really really like that one. Sounds Acid and Dubstep go liquid Trip Hop.
Number 4: LOVE the samples, the beat is too chopped for me.

Great!

---------- Post added at 02:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 ----------

Here is one Track of my IDM project Lucius Apphia.
Still working alot for this. It's like a history for me and would like to write a stageplay for that.
Like some modern art:
05 Confrontation between Bear and Hunter.mp3 - 2.28MB

Last edited:
What kinds of music do I produce...

Shit, crap, boring and if Im lucky average..

Ha. :D

Ohh and I couldn't do this without FL.. ;)

Last edited:
brilliant tunes kama. im looking to get into techno production myself, going to be like dub techno basic channel type stuff. but dnb, is my idea, going to be awesome if i get it right. why hasnt anyone done that yet actually, pretty obvious when you think about it

Back
Top Bottom