DnB OSCX - Space & Time

i like the musical elements in that track, tho i think u should work on your drums to make them pop more and add fills and breaks to give more of a rolling feel.

I like the old skool style synth, reminds me of some old 90's rave stuff......Definately got some nice musical elements to it, but I feel let down by the bass on the drop, sounds way to overpowering and is destroying the punch and dynamics of your drum work.

I like the old skool style synth, reminds me of some old 90's rave stuff......Definately got some nice musical elements to it, but I feel let down by the bass on the drop, sounds way to overpowering and is destroying the punch and dynamics of your drum work.

I've had several people tell me that I need more bass in my songs. I know what you mean though, it does sound that way, maybe I could increase compression on the drums and bring them through a bit more.

I wouldnt. If you add more compression to the drums as they are, you're just going to squash the dynamics even more. You need to bring down the volume of the bass, and carefully EQ the bassline to let the drum frequencies push through the mix naturally. To do this, put a spectral analyser on your kick and snare channels, find out where in the frequency spectrum each one is peaking, then cut those frequencies out of your bass channel using sharp notch cuts.

I wouldnt. If you add more compression to the drums as they are, you're just going to squash the dynamics even more. You need to bring down the volume of the bass, and carefully EQ the bassline to let the drum frequencies push through the mix naturally. To do this, put a spectral analyser on your kick and snare channels, find out where in the frequency spectrum each one is peaking, then cut those frequencies out of your bass channel using sharp notch cuts.

sweet thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom