Drum & Bass OSCX - Space & Time

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by bartman2468, Mar 20, 2013.

1. bartman2468

bartman2468 New Member

Check it out if you like. Hope you enjoy!

2. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

i like the musical elements in that track, tho i think u should work on your drums to make them pop more and add fills and breaks to give more of a rolling feel.

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I like the old skool style synth, reminds me of some old 90's rave stuff......Definately got some nice musical elements to it, but I feel let down by the bass on the drop, sounds way to overpowering and is destroying the punch and dynamics of your drum work.

4. bartman2468

bartman2468 New Member

I've had several people tell me that I need more bass in my songs. I know what you mean though, it does sound that way, maybe I could increase compression on the drums and bring them through a bit more.

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I wouldnt. If you add more compression to the drums as they are, you're just going to squash the dynamics even more. You need to bring down the volume of the bass, and carefully EQ the bassline to let the drum frequencies push through the mix naturally. To do this, put a spectral analyser on your kick and snare channels, find out where in the frequency spectrum each one is peaking, then cut those frequencies out of your bass channel using sharp notch cuts.

6. bartman2468

bartman2468 New Member

sweet thanks for the help.