ORTOFON CONCORDE

thedjnifty

VIP Junglist
Am I right in thinking that the CARTRIDGE on all Ortofon Concordes is EXACTLY the same (apart from the colours) and it's only actually the STYLUS (needle) that is any different on the different models? (e.g. the "Nightclub" stylus is far better quality than the standard "pro" stylus)

Somebody please clear this up for me quickly! :wave:

nope. somehow the cartridges affect the sound quality, weather it be weight or structure etc.

Seriously?

Because they all look EXACTLY the same apart from the colour and the occasional graphics on them

And the stylus' seem to be completely interchangeable regardless of what cartridge model you have ... :S

I just find it strange how you can buy the different stylus' individually but not the cartridges ...

Are you sure?

from what I've read your not supposed to put other model stylus on the cartridges cause they werent designed for em..

I just fail to see any difference in design lol ...

But then I guess there could easily be very small changes that make a big difference

I just fail to see any difference in design lol ...

But then I guess there could easily be very small changes that make a big difference

im pretty sure they dont raise the price cuz of the color and design haha .
Im pretty sure there are technical differences like the qbert one is more for scratching where as the night club is more for mixing ....

from what I've read your not supposed to put other model stylus on the cartridges cause they werent designed for em..

^This. I have used concorde's for years. The stylus' are designed to work well with the series they go with.

im pretty sure they dont raise the price cuz of the color and design haha .
Im pretty sure there are technical differences like the qbert one is more for scratching where as the night club is more for mixing ....

I'm talking about the cartidge, obviously the stylus' are different

Back
Top Bottom