Original vocals D+B soul roller - thoughts appreciated

Dan JJJJJJ

(sorry I can never work out how to embed private tracks) - soundcloud.com/dan-bowler/round-the-corner-with-vocals/s-BeX0z
Vocals need re-recording and are vanilla - interested to know what people think about the general vibe...whether it works or not. Pretty new territory for me so any thoughts appreciated. Obviously it still needs a lot of work in multiple areas (y)

Trying to navigate the line between rolling, soulful, musical and not too cheese.

Last edited:

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
Hey,
Percussion and drums are brilliant. Nice vibe with the Rhodes too. Melody is pleasant and mixed well although i feel the guitar needs to be a little more subtle.
Vocal for me at the moment distract me a bit much. Sure i get they are early stages but for me, i would definitely consider putting them back a bit to avoid cheese.
In my opinon Underworld nailed a style just like this, for your reference...
Nice though, experimental and bold, i dig.

Dan JJJJJJ

Thanks for the replies people... This project has been on ice for a while but the positive feedback is inspiring me to go back and finish it. Might actually have a professional vocalist on board as well (yn)

m:ekz

Really nice track, and it does sound different which is a good thing. I agree with Flux with about increasing the drum volume.