Original Sin D For Danger + Decibel Mix

BoomF

Hey guys, i've lurked these forums for a while and have just decided to sign up, share my mixes and chat! I mix up tunes using Ableton live 7.

I know most DnB is mixed with Vinyl and i dont really know what the community's take on computerised mixing is but yeah, its what i do.

I'm also slowly learning to produce aswell but its going to take sometime before i actually come up with anything worth sharing.

Anyway, i would love for any of use to check out my short mashup of the 2 tunes and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Download:
http://dnbshare.com/download/DForDecibel.mp3.html

Stream:

www.myspace.com/b00mf

Theres a few other tunes on the myspace, but the one in subject is called D For Decibel!

thanks again.

Thanks alot bud

I've been thinkin about buying a set of decks with them being much more physical and all that, but i'm skiint just now and i dunno if it'd be worth it seeing as i can more or less do what they can and more using ableton + a midi controller.

thanks again :)

it's ok but this isn't really what dnb mixing is about

i would recommend learning on real decks as it gives you the basics and you'll probably be more respected if u can mix on all formats, there's nothing worse than a laptop DJ who thinks he's on par with someone on wax but it depends what ur doing with ableton, isn't it what fresh uses for soundweapon? and i think moldover (not a dnb DJ but the man is a genius when it comes to mixing using a midi controller) uses a similar setup but i don't know what software

have a look at some of the 3/4 deck mixes (noize and akro are the best members on here 4 that) and see what they do with the tunes, triple drops, lots of teases etc. and see if you can increase on what they do, actually thinking about it i think there's an ableton DJ on here called vinylabort, check out his stuff too

it's ok but this isn't really what dnb mixing is about

i would recommend learning on real decks as it gives you the basics and you'll probably be more respected if u can mix on all formats, there's nothing worse than a laptop DJ who thinks he's on par with someone on wax but it depends what ur doing with ableton, isn't it what fresh uses for soundweapon? and i think moldover (not a dnb DJ but the man is a genius when it comes to mixing using a midi controller) uses a similar setup but i don't know what software

have a look at some of the 3/4 deck mixes (noize and akro are the best members on here 4 that) and see what they do with the tunes, triple drops, lots of teases etc. and see if you can increase on what they do, actually thinking about it i think there's an ableton DJ on here called vinylabort, check out his stuff too

Okay, thanks for the c.c man. I'll check those guys out!

Do other people also have a bad mastered version of this vinyl (d for danger/decibel) ?
I mean the high hats are all over the fucking place, can't EQ em right...
Same with love games/ohm...

Back
Top Bottom