Organising CDs

Scatcat

It don't mean shit
VIP Junglist
Before anyone says I didn't search, I did and i only found a thread from 2004 - didn't know if I was meant to dig up something that old HA.

Anyway, I'm about to start burning all my music onto Cds cus i'm running out of money for as much vinyl as I used to be able to get.
Just wondering how you guys organise your cds - i used to do it by genre, but it didn't work, ended up with all the wrong tracks on the same cd was baree long.
I want to have them burnt in a way that makes music easy t find, and lets me add more music of the same kind without fuking up the oder already.
Help........please :confused:

i stick to 4 or 5 tracks a cd.
i only have about 20 or so atm, along with a few albums that i have the original cd of, so its quite easy for me to ,manage.

jsut get a few wallets and label them by genre or a-z, i imagine that would be easiest

Well because I prefer vinyl at heart, I usually make an cd with like 15 tracks on, then find the ones I play quite a lot and burn them like a vinyl release

A/B side etc.

With the price of cds, it doesn't really matter that your only using 2 tracks per cd.

And I found that burning cd by genre doesn't really help because your likely to wanna mix two tracks from the same genre, so end up burning the cd twice

think carefully about how you burn cds then.
you might be like me where you'll buy a few songs of beatport or whatever then burn a few of the same genre to a cd.

if you're looking long term, do it by artist (as lets face it you're unlikely to mix two songs by the same artist together), obviosuly this is a pain if you have a low budget and want to rinse the latest tune or whatever, but practically is probably the only real way to be able to keep a proper grip on organisation i think.

you can buy shelves or something and then label them etc - its all money though
the more experienced folk will probably be of more help

personally, i burn one tune to one cd. dunno why, thats just how i started off the burning process and i cant imagine it any other way really.

its true that you probably wont mix 2 tunes together from the same artist but i would still rather separate cds as its easier to use as sometimes you wont have time to search through a cd with 10 tunes bunged on it to find the right one.

as for sorting them out in genre/artist or whatever, i still havent gotten round to do doing that yet :D

Its such a long & drawn out process, still doing mine 3 years down the line from when I started, got all my Jungle & Reggae burnt, just need to do the rest of my collection now...

I say take a week off & get it all done in one foul swoop.

I always mean to do it & it just seems to take a back burner.

The worst is going to play out & convincing yourself you have burnt something, then its not here!

I need to win the lottery & employ an Ecuadorian Pygmy to finish my shit off! :)

all my cds are in a pile.
i have downloaded all the ones i want to keep and the rest sit over there on my shelve.
i have a hard drive which a-z of artists

i only added a cdj to my vinyl setup 2 months ago and i am now overun by cds!! lol i need to organise them as i have now got about 60-80 unlabelled cds lying around my room lol. each with 15-20 tracks each. its madness lol!!

Fuck that. I've got proper OCD when it comes to music.
All of my CD's only have 1 track per CD and then I write on them the artist and the tune. So much easier when your flicking through a CD wallet. makes it easier when sorting them too, have a section for dancefloor, dark, minimal, jump up, teases etc. Have toyed with the idea of tabbing the CD wallet as well with colours, but I think that would make me a tremendous nerd.

Back
Top Bottom