ORANGE returns for a one off Boxing Day at The Den (The End) *JUNGLE SPECIAL*

Nick-ep

Rude FM // In-Reach Mag
VIP Junglist
As shogun dont look like it happening think im guna have to reach this. Wouldnt mind boppin down for a boxing day knees up! Anyone else reaching ???

ORANGE returns for a one off Boxing Day Spectacular at The Den (The End).

ARENA 1 - Jungle & Drum and Bass 1993 - 1997.

Groove Rider
DJ Randall
Mickey Finn
Kenny Ken
Nicky Blackmarket
Ray Keith
Chris Paul
Squirrel

MC MC
Skibadee
GQ
Fearless
Moose
Five O

ARENA 2 - Old Skool Hardcore and Acid House.

The Rat Pack
Ellis Dee
Dr. S. Gachet
Devious "Rudeboy" D
DJ Swanee
Squirrel

MC Chalky White

I'm on this. Never went there when it was called The End, and you can't go wrong with festive jungle raving. Mickey Finn + Jungle Rave = Win.

Might be on this, havent been in there since it was re-opened as the den insteresting to see what it like now, plus havent heard mickey finn in a while!!

hope they still have the same system.

Would love to but i gotta do the family thing, it's my boy's first Christmas too.

i'm off to the metalheadz night @ custard factory, line up is weighty:

dBridge
Commix
Randall
Storm
Spectrasoul
Jubei
Skitty
Hades
SP:MC
Dan Blindside / Reaction / Jayeye / Shakk / Fozz / Manikular

its all about the metalheadz night, think its at custard factory... the den is not the same as it was as the end.

plus the only dj worth seeing in the jungle night is randall and mickey finn.

if your feeling the old school vibes though then nothing beats a jungle bash

Yeh ill be reaching this fo sure, line up looks gd except grooverider.

Yeah I kna, but he doesn't get booked at AWOL anymore because he dropped slippery slope at one of the events @ Indigo last year. His set was actually alright apart from that, so hopefully he wont make the same mistake again...

Only Mickey Finn & Randall?! If Grooverider plays a decent set then that'll be a touch, but with Nicky B, Ray Keith AND Kenny Ken this rave is gonna be killa!! All it needed was a bit of Gachet...

Plus having Shabba at AWOL was a good touch at the end, livening the rave up nicely. Gonna be interesting to see how Skibba flows over jungle as well. Always good vibes at jungle raves with good room to skank, can't beat them imo.

Yeah I kna, but he doesn't get booked at AWOL anymore because he dropped slippery slope at one of the events @ Indigo last year.

why is this? does awol have a certain vibe? sounds kinda funny to get dropped for playing a single out of character tune in a set.

why is this? does awol have a certain vibe? sounds kinda funny to get dropped for playing a single out of character tune in a set.

Yeah AWOL is strictly old skool jungle. And some old skool liquid as well. No jump-up allowed!! I go to Breakin/Inno/1Nation/Def:inition etc etc etc for that!!

Yeah AWOL is strictly old skool jungle. And some old skool liquid as well. No jump-up allowed!! I go to Breakin/Inno/1Nation/Def:inition etc etc etc for that!!

groove probably thought he could do what he wanted, from what i can tell he thinks a lot of himself!

Yeah I kna, but he doesn't get booked at AWOL anymore because he dropped slippery slope at one of the events @ Indigo last year. His set was actually alright apart from that, so hopefully he wont make the same mistake again...

Gonna be interesting to see how Skibba flows over jungle as well. Always good vibes at jungle raves with good room to skank, can't beat them imo.

He's played for A.W.O.L. as a 'guest' various times since 92/93.
I doubt very much that Groove will never be asked to play at A.W.O.L. ever again because of one tune.....i would only believe it if Micky Finn or Darren Jay (who own A.W.O.L. now) told me to my face or on a video interview, where i see it come from their mouth.

Regarding Skibs over Jungle.Skiba learnt his trade toasting over Jungle.He started in 94 when it was at it's peak, trust me he was better then back in the day then he is now....i have old tapes of him MCing for Wildhild on Kool in 95/96 and he SMASHES it!

plus the only dj worth seeing in the jungle night is randall and mickey finn.

Really, so Jungle sets from Ray Keith and Nick BM won't be worth hearing...do me favour, Ray will tear the place down with his selection as will Nicky, Groove will too.....and you can't forget the Original Jungle soundclash champion Kenny Ken!

Mate, every set will be tearing!

Gachet and Ellis Dee in Room 2 will be worth a look too....fuck it, the whole of Room 2 looks the bollocks as well.

Last edited:
would love to reach this.

i will always have a huge spot in my heart for oldskool/ Jungle

He's played for A.W.O.L. as a 'guest' various times since 92/93.
I doubt very much that Groove will never be asked to play at A.W.O.L. ever again because of one tune.....i would only believe it if Micky Finn or Darren Jay (who own A.W.O.L. now) told me to my face or on a video interview, where i see it come from their mouth.

Regarding Skibs over Jungle.Skiba learnt his trade toasting over Jungle.He started in 94 when it was at it's peak, trust me he was better then back in the day then he is now....i have old tapes of him MCing for Wildhild on Kool in 95/96 and he SMASHES it!

Fair play, you sound as cynical as me, but it does help explain why he hasn't featured on an AWOL line-up for over a year!! I always used to see him on most London AWOL line-ups. Then I heard that because of him dropping slippery slope and even pulling it up as an outro last year just pissed too many AWOL bigwigs off!!

TBH, I couldn't give a toss, as you probs don't either!! If it's a rumour, it's a rumour. Groove probs doesn't give a toss either!!

At the end of the day...THIS RAVE IS GONNA BE GOING OFF!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom