Drum & Bass Optx-Hanzo

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by OPTX, Feb 18, 2013.

1. OPTX

OPTX New Member

Just finished this up and am looking to get a little constructive criticism on it.Let me know what you think.

Thanks
    -Los

2. OPTX

OPTX New Member

3. kdk

kdk Member

The clip you started with was interesting; I liked the mood it set, though I wonder if it went on for too long (45 seconds). I like the violin/string pads, and the pan flute in the background. The bass sounded a bit squashed for me, though maybe I just wanted it to change up a bit. The breakdown at around 2:30 was cool, dialog again, but could have used some cut-down version of the drums or something like that, to help carry momentum.

I really enjoyed the fight/sword clip at around 4:40, and wonder if you could copy it to another part of the song; it really helps to tell the 'story' of the samples.

I like the feel of the song; I do think it goes on too long by at least a minute. Still, it's good work.

4. OPTX

OPTX New Member

thanks for your input it definitely still needs some work

5. stoneagepl

stoneagepl Member

1:07 that drop needs clearance i mean there too many sounds after drop that goes not well with main idea.. btw good quality :) keep it up

6. OPTX

OPTX New Member

tweak some things and added some more progression with some cut time and drum effects.Thanks for the input peeps!

7. Linguist

Linguist Member

I like the vibe, the samples are very cool.
    Maybe layer another kick after the drop to give it a bit more punch in the mid range