Optimystic - work in progress

Ppl on here are quite shy man, i took the time to listen and i have to say i really liked it!
Although its not the type of tune i would hear at an andy c headlining night, it still is alot better than most of the shit producers out atm, it still needs a little work, the drums need fixing up and the wierd noises at the start didnt quite flow well? but thats my opioin.
You have got great sounds in there and some noises i just sat there and thought how the hell did u do that????

Personally I like it! Ide say its a good tune for a listen if i were to mix it or not would be a different story, it would have to be my finishing tune, or something, the mood you create at the start compared to wen the drums kick in is too much of a drastic change, i dunno how u can stop that but this is all constructive criticism which i cant even spell???

ide like to hear more of your stuff. you do sound like you know wat your doing, atleast alot more than i do :S im still at the stage of wanting something but not being able to do it, due to me still learning the programs. but im gettin there every day im learning SHIT LOADS! peace and happy tune making!

Safe

Dj Slick

:evil: thanks for your words sphynx - i know what you mean about the noises at the beginning not sitting well, the industrial sounds are a loop i took from a film, and while rhythmic, they are a bit out of sync - though i knew this when i first added it and dont really care too much about that. ill see if i can snip them up a bit.
when you say the drums need fixing up, what would you say needs fixing e.g the snare sound........
my girlfriend has recorded some vox that im gonna pepper the track with , and im working on some pads
i was thinking about changing tempo to a sorta dubstep stylie breakdown, but im not sure

cheers - gimme a link to your tracks and ill return the favour!!! j

atm none of my traks are online apart from a really old version (wen i first started makin tunes) of get em, all my tracks are work in progress recently ive been co producing with my mate trak d, were workin on a few things and he's helpin me shit loads on understanding alot more about how to do stuff, i have loads of ideas i just cant use the programs properly and i started on reason and now think it was the worst move after discovering vst's in fruity loops!! wow!

so for now hang tight and in true fashion watch this space, ill be uploading a few tunes soon and adding the new improved version of get em.

by fixing up i mean u need a high pass break of some sort, hot pants, versitillity loop or summin its just still not sounding full enough, maybe try putting them in a slight reverb so that they just sound full, all in all tho mate your tracks are sick you certainly know wat your doing just keep at it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom