Optimising 4 deck scratch layouts in traktor

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
Easy all,
Just been playing round with traktor layout settings, and wondering if anyone can share with me the best layouts to use to get full functionality of traktor's 4 deck mode.

Ideally I would like a bigger browser, a smaller heading, and the ability to switch to advance mode on the deck controls to find que points without shrinking the browser too much when expanded.
There may be better layouts in the newer version, I am currently on 2.1.1 still.
Anyone got any recommendations?
The setup that I currently have is here:
348oz9g.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at it, I'd say thats about the best youre gonna get without making the decks smaller for a bigger browser.

Fair play. Is there not a way to shrink the wasted space ie the title bar...?
Have looked online but couldn't identify anywhere.
Possibly get a controller so I don't have to worry about expanding the views to get to the cue function...

Last edited:
Nah, unfortunately the title bar space is just that, wasted space. A controller for cues would help a bit more as well.

The button in the top right had corner next to the NI logo will give you a bit more space in the browser.

Also when I saw Cyantific last year, he had a shortcut setup so you can go from mini to full mode on the decks, therefore allowing the cues to be visible when loading a track, then go to mini when the track is ready.

HTH

And, you can make the text in the browser smaller making it less crammed. All in the Preferences

^^yeah thanks for the tip russla, small text gets a bit crammed, but yeah, its viable, likewise using full screen mode. you literally cant view any of your tracks if you use four decks on advance view on a 13" screen.
SHould have gone for a 15" lol

yup, I do this. I have 4 layouts stored on my number keys so depending on how many decks im mixing, whether I need advanced controls, etc, etc. I can quickly toggle through all of them to find the one I need.

Back
Top Bottom