DnB Opinions on UKF Drum & Bass

Haza08

I'm doing a study at university and it would be really helpful if I could get a bit of a discussion about this subject.

How do you feel UKF Drum & Bass has affected the genre of Drum & Bass as a whole?

- BASS CULTURE: do you think UKF has affected DnB culture? (cyber culture vs rave culture)
- How do you feel that the UKF community is representative of the genre? (demographic, is it over-popularized, how unified is the community? etc.)
- Do you feel that UKF has a certain sound? and do the listeners expect a certain sound?
- Anything else you have noticed about UKF from a social point of view?

Anything else you would like to get off your chest about UKF would be welcome. I would just like to get an open discussion about any aspect be it positive/negative/indifferent. Any feedback would be great!

It's probably given people access to drum & bass (particularly liquidy and dancefloor tunes) that might not otherwise have really come across the genre.

Other than that my only view is that the people that comment on the videos are utter fuckwits.

It's probably given people access to drum & bass (particularly liquidy and dancefloor tunes) that might not otherwise have really come across the genre.

Other than that my only view is that the people that comment on the videos are utter fuckwits.

this is pretty much the be all and end summation of it tbh

I think it doesnt post purely mainstream music, but the community feels really mainstream, like the fans don't really feel real. It seems like its mostly full of 14 year olds who haven't been to raves.

how can you go to raves at 14 tho? what subjekt said

well yeah, of course you cant rave at 14. I was saying that the community is too young to be a true repesention of the scene. Even the ukf raves themselves are full of youngers.

Anyway back to the original point. I think ukf does have a massive affect on the genre really, most young people started on ukf to get into dnb.'

I think UKF has blown up so fast that it has catapulted into the mainstream without having to start from the bottom. I think the fans are the same, they don't really know their DnB history. As for UKF BASS CULTURE that annoys me as well, it's got to such a massive level that it is at nearly every festival, they get good acts and that but I feel alot of people are going to listen to UKF rather than the artists. But then i suppose that's what always happens with commercial stuff
. :zest: :ainsley:

The content of the channel is actually not bad at all, lots of variety from a lot of respected producers. Lots of cheese too, but I think everyone knows that.

And as for the community... not sure I can articulate the level of cringe I get from reading those comments. Although that Billain song got a great response so i don't even know anymore

I think there is a lot of snobbery surrounding UKF. There seems to be a feeling amongst the 'hardcore' that UKF is somehow watering down dnb by making it more accessible to the masses. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to dnb, but I love it all the same so what does it matter? For me UKF is brilliant, yes there is some sh*t on there and yes a lot of it is a bit 'mainstream' (so what?) but it's all in one place. I don't have a lot of time on my hands to look up new music so it's an easy way to find an easily accessible collection on dnb. I'm not always going to find everything I want on there but it's a start

Some of those are brilliant.

'drumstep is perfect for me i suffer from extreme ocd and dubstep is is just to fast so i looked up chill step to slow so i when to my freind and i was like is there anuthing else because im an electronic music lover for life and he said drumstep i was like ight checked it out now im in perfect harmony'.

wow.

"UKF, or UK Funky is a subgenre of EDM"
"How about you shut your communist mouth?"

Fucking LOL.

The greatest part of those stupid comments is that they are always positive they know what they are talking about

UKF does a fantastic job on promoting drum & bass to a wider audience. The genre is lucky it exists tbh.

The variety is also healthy.

Back
Top Bottom