Opinions on Fresh - Colossus

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
yo!
Jus wondered what ya'll think about Colossus by Fresh. I really aint feelin it. I find the vocals at the start breakdown really annoyin.

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
DJ Lordward said:
yo!
Jus wondered what ya'll think about Colossus by Fresh. I really aint feelin it. I find the vocals at the start breakdown really annoyin.
Production wise, very nice piece. However it's not the sort of thing I'd buy or play.

One of the first tunes I don't love by Fresh.

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
"If Im a monster baybee, then why dont you kill me?!?!"

Fookin lovin it - that bassline smacks the shit outta ya on the dancefloor - three-dimensional stylee! Senior fresh played this @ Breakneck if my memory serves me right, an ive been hangin to get hold of it since.

Jus gotta find somewhere to get a copy from, been on Tinternet since 9.00 today, an no luck as of yet....

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
glad 2 see im not the only 1 not feelin this. all the big dogs r playin it but i really dont like it.
nuff love 2 fresh but im not feelin this 1

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
just read the breakbeat kaos release info sdm posted a while ago. there is sposed 2 be a 'collosus ep' which contains 'capture the flag', yet the promos of collosus are only 1 plate.
any ideas whats happening with 'capture the flag'??

GreenBoy

VIP Junglist
DJ Lordward said:
any ideas whats happening with 'capture the flag'??
good old ram messing with the promowhores heads. its probably like with the screamer ep. promo a single, full release an ep.

as for fresh's colossus i dunno why but i like it and i do like it a lot. this is the first track since "all strung out" that ive liked from solo fresh.

jay walker

1/2 of Passive/Aggressive
VIP Junglist
Lurked all day for a copy, got it bagged at chemical with one other tune to make up the shipping, an got skanked with the quantity '0' on the confirmation email - so ive jus payed £7.49 for one damn tune! :(

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
jay walker said:
Lurked all day for a copy, got it bagged at chemical with one other tune to make up the shipping, an got skanked with the quantity '0' on the confirmation email - so ive jus payed £7.49 for one damn tune! :(
I used to hate that (n)

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
jay walker said:
'Used' to hate that? as in past-tense?

I suppose you get all the promos sent to your front door now F.O.C. ;)
Not at all, I just don't buy promos any more. Waste of time and money (n)

Don't believe the hype :kermit:

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
thats wot i think Serum - I cant see why its gettin kaned by the big name DJs so much. they r probably just playin it because they have it & no-one else does!