Opinions on Aphrodite

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
Just wondering what you all thought of him recently... Not really feeling his style all his tunes sound a bit flat. Like deadly valley and that stupid columbian tune.

Wobble wobble.

His new stuff I mostly don't really like as too formulaic but I do like his sets and the general positive vibe his music has. Whiskeystep is what I call his music jokingly. Good for getting drunk, dancing and chatting up girls. He was the king of jump up, now he's the godfather.

He has gone seriously downhill, but I tend to play Wobble still... Some of his newer tunes weren't too bad, e.g. metal man which hasn't got the trademark aphrodite sound so much. I think its that airy 10 year old bass that lets him down with his new stuff...

Love his tracks from 1996 /97, never hjeard him DJ, and not heard any of his recent stuff. But yeah A big fan of him back then!

I pretty much agree with you lot. Not too keen on his newer tracks but I've seen him DJ once and he was well worth going out to see. The man's still a legend though for all the classics he's giving us over the years :slayer:

Complete legened..might be a bit out of touch production wise of recent times but no denying he is a legend!!!!!....

His DJing is wicked though!

Back in the day he WAS jump up..... ahh happy days... Actual proper rolling jump up with bass lines!..remember that???

Last edited:
New album out soon.

The telling thing is that its being released first in the US and the release tour mainly takes place there.

Perhaps Aphrodite is the king of hipstep...?

New album out soon.

The telling thing is that its being released first in the US and the release tour mainly takes place there.

Perhaps Aphrodite is the king of hipstep...?

yep. :)

i heard the album is suppopsed to be quite good! havnt heard it myslef yet..its very covert at the mo.

id love it if he came back with a wicked album..thta'd make my year! lol.

I have to note that the man seems to be a serious fan of coke.

Look at all his tracks with coke references:

Cocaine
The Valley
Pure Columbian
Spice
Scarface

Oh and I've seen cokeheads cream themselves to the Stevie tribute "Can't Stop".

Last edited:
I have to note that the man seems to be a serious fan of coke.

Look at all his tracks with coke references:

Cocaine
The Valley
Pure Columbian
Spice
Scarface

Oh and I've seen cokeheads cream themselves to the Stevie tribute "Can't Stop".

lol..... :shrug: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well ts been a while since the last album..maybe thats what hes been up to

Back
Top Bottom