Opinions - Fade outs to end a track

rarely works, but when it works its usually on catchy songs with a radio friendly structure.... don't listen to much house so i don't know

I like em mate, it seems to work well with atmospheric stuff :)

If you are struggling on an ending a house tune mate then fade out (or even filter out, that could be more interesting) all the elements apart from the beat. Then repeat the beat for a bit, maybe even drop out an element every 4 or 8 bars. Makes an alright ending that is VERY dj friendly :)

I like em mate, it seems to work well with atmospheric stuff :)

If you are struggling on an ending a house tune mate then fade out (or even filter out, that could be more interesting) all the elements apart from the beat. Then repeat the beat for a bit, maybe even drop out an element every 4 or 8 bars. Makes an alright ending that is VERY dj friendly :)

i think i'm gonna go down the droping elements the same as it builds routes.

filter outs sound very unpro in my opinion, and thinking about it fade outs just feel like an easy way out. works on a rock tune tho

Dayum mon, you is making me and my filter fades feel lazy ;) Although I have never filtered out to end a tune, but I am a bit of a fade out man haha

prefer just breaking the tune in the end leaving only the kick. only in house of course. depends if it's progressive already but no fade outs for fucks sake, unless you have only a pad left and fade that out ya gets me

The best way to end a house track is with a lone kick drum so the house djs can play the song. Or possibly a pad so they can fake a mix out. :) One of these days I need to give you a real answer.

Depends on the tune really, but some of my favourite tunes are fade in / fade out.

Actress does it best imo.

Back
Top Bottom