Opinion on this...

It's always interesting to hear others thoughts for Artistic Feedback. It's also nice to hear how others are hearing my work through their Speaker Setup + their Ears to see what they think is lacking... even though I might disagree in the end but again, it's nice to know what other ears think.

through their Speaker Setup + their Ears

i agree totally...its nice to get feedback from people who have different sound systems where ur track will differ slightly, especially for myself because I produce on HD-25's where its hard to comopare/test sub bass and really low freqs.

i got the hd-25s too, theyre good but not flat nearly flat enough for me to do mixdowns on, specially not compared to monitors. ive had time to get used to them now but even so its problematic. theyre better than my AKGs though, the AKGs sexy up the sound like they had a built in exciter or something. specially in the bass area. theyre more for listening and djing i think, but i guess if you get used to all the masked frequencies, the over compensating coupled with frequent A/Bing, you can make it work. also the x-feed vst plug on the master when working with headphones on. its free and all

yeh well the hds are a massive step up from what i used to use - £30 argos speakers lol!
i use the phones 2 listen to all music, so hearing other pro tracks helps me produce because I can naturally compare.

another thing just to add....since joining this forum, reviewing other peoples tracks, sending out my own work..reading and contributing etc
I have jumped up so many levels in my production skills, and can really tell the difference between my current productions and my early ones.

So yeah I think it's important to share your music for feedback as people's opinions (especially here) act as a catalyst in reaching the 'next level'.

p.s thanks!

Back
Top Bottom