Opinion on this track's mix

it is the kick and bass that I'm worried about. It sounds a bit muddy (maybe I'm over analysing but I dunno)

i don't really listen to this kind of music. I didn't hear much kick but i knew it was there behind the bass. Also i would EQ the snare to make it sound brighter with a bit more top end. It sounds to me like your having more of an EQ issue than anything else

i don't really listen to this kind of music. I didn't hear much kick but i knew it was there behind the bass. Also i would EQ the snare to make it sound brighter with a bit more top end. It sounds to me like your having more of an EQ issue than anything else

Thanks for the tip Tinni! Well tbh if I have a problem within a mix it would basically be an EQ problem as well. :) Any more opinions are grateful! :D

Pitch up those claps a little bit.. Nice sounds.. Don't think you need the evil sounding pad at 1:28. Take that out and let the breakdown do its work.
Bass drum and bass, I can't tell.. My ears are shit.

Mix sounds pretty good. Only thing i noticed on headphones is, that there's something that sounds a bit messy in the low end region. Do you have some really deep glitch percussions in there? Maybe you try pitching them up or low cut them. In general, do you have low cuts on everything but kick & sub?
Good job mate

Mix sounds pretty good. Only thing i noticed on headphones is, that there's something that sounds a bit messy in the low end region. Do you have some really deep glitch percussions in there? Maybe you try pitching them up or low cut them. In general, do you have low cuts on everything but kick & sub?
Good job mate

Yeah all is low cut, except kicks bass and sub. My problem lies there and I am not sure about the kick? Do they sound apart from the bass? Should they sound apart, and how that can be achieved?

There are glitched percs, but they are extremely low cut, so I don't think that they affect my low end problem.

Pitch up those claps a little bit.. Nice sounds.. Don't think you need the evil sounding pad at 1:28. Take that out and let the breakdown do its work.
Bass drum and bass, I can't tell.. My ears are shit.

I am re-considering to remove that trumpet pad, but I feel that it would be empty without it.

I really like the washed sounds in the intro. The clap sounds muddy or maybe like its missing a frequency. I'm not sure but it sounds a bit off. The bass is fantastic, and I like the way the kick works with it too.

Thanks IV4! Even I like this bass and kick combination but I think the kick needs more sharpening. Anyway, thank you for your comments, I have gathered enough understanding of what's wrong in the mix.

A new updated version will be up within this hour :)

The new versions sounding nice man, maybe some vocals could be something else to consider? btw could you have a listen to my most recent track and let me know what you think? I've been producing a while but haven't really understood how to master and mix the track very well using logic pro x despite watching vids on it. Its left the track coming out pretty quiet if I don't want to have it clipping. Let me know if you can anyway?

Sounds good! On the kick and snare thing: Those snares/claps could be a bit louder I think. Not sure though, I always find it hard to judge mixdowns in these minimal kind of tunes.
on a different part: at 1:28 I would give those first pads, those happy pads a huge amount of reverb so the transition into those darker pads is more smooth.
Now I had a feeling of happiness and tranquility, and than those dark pads came in and I was all 'oh wow, not so happy anymore, that was sudden'

Sounds good! On the kick and snare thing: Those snares/claps could be a bit louder I think. Not sure though, I always find it hard to judge mixdowns in these minimal kind of tunes.
on a different part: at 1:28 I would give those first pads, those happy pads a huge amount of reverb so the transition into those darker pads is more smooth.
Now I had a feeling of happiness and tranquility, and than those dark pads came in and I was all 'oh wow, not so happy anymore, that was sudden'

Thanks man. Gonna re visit the pads soon. It is like I want to show that even by being faithful for the near future, it doesn't mean that bad shit won't happen haha. So yeah, a better transition might be in order.

The new versions sounding nice man, maybe some vocals could be something else to consider? btw could you have a listen to my most recent track and let me know what you think? I've been producing a while but haven't really understood how to master and mix the track very well using logic pro x despite watching vids on it. Its left the track coming out pretty quiet if I don't want to have it clipping. Let me know if you can anyway?

Thanks man. Will listen to yours and send you a message / pm soon.

Back
Top Bottom