Opinion on this choon

Should be moved to the track reviews -->

There's too loud peak @3min. Add more elements, it sounds plain like this. It needs some volume too, tweak a bit more compression, or change the mix levels.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I posted it at the wrong section. Thanks for your humble opinion. I just corrected pretty much all of what you pointed out. As you can see now the tune has more elements then it sounded, they were just too low on volume, I just raised it all a bit. Thanks again and here is my corrected version. Any other constructive criticism is welcome.

There's not enough experienced people feedbacking so most of the threads will get only my shitty opinions : D Hmm, now the synth at 0:45 is loud compared to the synths later in the tracks. And uhhhmmm the hi-hat sounds pretty lonely, maybe take some high freq's from breaks or add hat's yourself. Liking the stab synth and the melodies are cool, I'm not gonna go too much into melodies, that's my weakest point.

hat are souning abit too sharp an loud, drums are sounding pretty static. snare is to weak and the rest of the drums to loud in compirson, snare should be punchier an louder than the rest. the stab starting on 0:45 is to sudden an to loud imo. its okey melodic but not really good. bass synthesis could be better but its not that bad. its not bad for a beginner

There's not enough experienced people feedbacking so most of the threads will get only my shitty opinions : D Hmm, now the synth at 0:45 is loud compared to the synths later in the tracks. And uhhhmmm the hi-hat sounds pretty lonely, maybe take some high freq's from breaks or add hat's yourself. Liking the stab synth and the melodies are cool, I'm not gonna go too much into melodies, that's my weakest point.

The reason that no-one feedbacks here is because it's in the wrong section. This forum goes through phazes where the entire front page of the production section gets clogged up with peoples tunes. It takes two seconds to go to the correct forum and post the tracks there, where they will get plenty of feedback from various levels of producer. This isnt a dig at the OP, just stating fact.

the guys who have been here a while kinda have an unwritten rule where we leave the tracks to drop off the front page so that the production tips and question threads (the reason this forum is here) take priority. Maybe a simple post linking to the correct area would suffice, but thats usually all the feedback tracks get in this part.

This is no disrespect to anyone here, OP or the guy I have qouted.

Now I've gone and bumped this bloody thing lol.....see what ya made me do ;)

I'm sorry I posted it here once more. Didn't want to cause any trouble. If any moderator sees it, feel free to move it to the right section. I just didn't post it there because I didn't see it. I'm sorry once more and thanks for your opinions guys. I will surely keep improving. Regards.

You're on the right track (no pun intended), but there's a bit of a ways to go. For starters, the one thing to keep in mind when making music in the digital realm is that there is always going to be an abundance of hi-frequencies within your samples. Having said that, don't be afraid to roll off some of the hi-end from those hats in your track. It will give them a more natural sound and will allow them to fit into the mix rather than standing out on their own–after all, the hi hats aren't the star of the song. Also, throw some breaks in there and use a hi pass or low cut EQ to reveal only the hi-end/mid-hi range. This will give your drums/percussion a more "running" feel. With DnB, you want to keep that energy high, and the best way to do this is to layer your drum sounds and riffs so that the overall beat feels like it's always moving. Next time you're listening to your favorite drum n bass tracks, really listen to all the subtle parts of the song. What may sound like a very simple beat actually has many subtle parts going on in the background.

And remember, you can be subtle with these little additions, you're striving not necessarily for loudness but fullness - you want to have a wide dynamic range of sound.

Also, check out this thread: http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/132056-Compression-Limiting-questions

It's a good conversation between many members of the forum and discusses some points regarding drum bus', compression, limiting, etc.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping this again, really wasn't my intention but I have to thank lostnthesound for his tips. It is also going to really improve my skills as a producer. I know I'm just a begginer but we've got to start somewhere. Thanks again and I will surely keep sharing my future choons (not at this forum section :p ).

Back
Top Bottom